What's new

Marantz 6006 or Denon 2312 (1 Viewer)

pete109

Auditioning
Real Name
sakchai
I'm looking for a HT amp and find either Marantz 6006 or Denon 2312 a choice as both have AirPlay, Networking and Internet Radio functions which I like. I actually am on the Marantz 6006 but always hear saying that the Marantz sounds thick and less dynamic than the Denon. That causes me uncertain even though the Marantz 6006 is launched later with more functions and the price of Marantz 6006 is more than 10% cheaper than the Denon 2312 in my country, Thailand (the prices in the US are the other way around.) Can anyone who has experience with the two amps give me comments and suggestions on the sound quality for movies, musics and etc.? Thank you in advance.

John Brill

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Sound wise, your speakers will play a much bigger role in quality than the AVR. If you hid the two ARV's behind a curtain, I'd be willing to bet that if I switched speakers back and forth 10 times, you would be correct 5 times as to whether it was the Denon playing or the Marantz. In other words, no better than flipping a coin. If it was my money I was spending, I would pick the Marantz 7 times out of 10 over the Denon. I find them more musical for 2channel listening and quite competent in Home Theater use. However, the biggest clincher for me is the Marantz 6006 has pre-outs (for future separate amps) while the Denon 2312 does not!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks