What's new

Let's see your desktop (1 Viewer)

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I thought it would be interesting to see a screen shot of everyone's computer desktop. What's on it? Is it clean? Cluttered?

I like to keep mine clean with just the recycle bin and all of my frequently used programs in the quick launch bar. The background is a picture of Old Faithful I took last Summer.

What's your desktop look like?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
My main display is boring. Since I watch movies on my 20" display I just have a neutral gray desktop background.

On my notebook display I have this as the tiled wallpaper:

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave

I use WebShots, so my wallpaper changes every hour. This is my current picture. I like a clean desktop so you won't see any icons or even the start bar.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I also tend to use nature photography for my wallpapers. I took this photo the last time I went hiking (a couple weeks ago), right on the Massachusetts/New York border; you could see the back of the "Welcome to New York" sign from where I was standing when I snapped it. I use my desktop as temporary storage (I see it everyday, so I actually remember to delete the stuff I don't need anymore):
23june07desktopbe0.jpg

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Michael, that's a beautiful mountain/stream shot you took. Impressive.

Jim_F

Screenwriter
An ordinary setup, with a snap of my back yard that helped me endure the winter months:

or, a snap from my Alaska trip:

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Here is a picture of one our cats that is my wallpaper on my computer. I've got to learn how to upload images better. This is the best I can do for now.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member

I see Gerald followed Sarah Lane's tip on how to change your start button. :) I miss her blog.

I was just thinking of starting a thread to see what's showing up in everyone's start menu as their most used applications. I laugh whenever I notice "Command Prompt" in my top 6. :) I'm an old-school geek, I suppose.

As for my work desktop.. I have dual monitors, one 19" and one 15" set down and to the right:

[url=https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/9/9e/htf_imgcache_9065.jpeg] [/url]

The wallpaper is a picture of Bora-Bora I swiped from Flickr someplace. I'd really like to go there, but probably never will. Anyone know how to get the background to stretch over dual monitors rather than on each?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks