What's new

Krylon Fusion paint for plastics (1 Viewer)

MikeWh

Second Unit
Thought this might be useful info here--
I just saw a commercial for Krylon's new Fusion paint--"bonds to plastic; no priming necessary."
If you've ever tried painting plastics, you'll probably appreciate this....
http://www.krylon.com/product/gp_pro....asp?sgID=GP07
I haven't used the stuff, but I will definitely be testing it out soon. I've got some wall plates in my HT that I couldn't get in a specific color.
Anyone use it yet??

Keith M.

Second Unit
I simply used flat black spray paint and it worked well. Looks like I bought em black...:)

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
I've got some wall plates in my HT that I couldn't get in a specific color.
That's a frickin' great idea! :emoji_thumbsup: I never even considered that. I too saw that commercial and flipped out at how cool the product looked. Although the first thing my wife and I thought of is what color we could paint our old weather beaten patio furniture to squeeze out one more season. I'll definitely need to keep that in mind for wall plates. What I couldn't figure out from the website is what colors are available. They say '16' but don't specify which in their color pallette.

MikeWh

Second Unit
That's a frickin' great idea! :emoji_thumbsup:I never even considered that.
ha! I've been known for a few good ideas now and then! :D
My problem is that I've got 3 different colors of plates: black, gray, and white. The white ones have got to go. They are all for different dimmers, and at the time I ordered them, I didn't know I could get them in other colors. Actually one set is for Lutron Spacers. To get a pair, they only came in white. Different colors if bought separately (and a lot more $$$). D'OH!
The manufacturers of these dimmers say that you should not paint the switches (because of potential electrical problems). The Spacers are VERY difficult to disassemble, so I just covered one of the switches with speaker cloth! Makes it a lot less noticeable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks