What's new

Josie and the Pussycats in the works *FINALLY* (1 Viewer)

cherisland

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd

could you possibly give a link for this review? I tried both "trades.com" and the "trades.com" and neither of these sites is a dvd online review site. Thanks.

chas speed

Second Unit
Real Name
jeff
I thought it was a pretty lame review since he didn't even mention what the transfer looked like. I also don't know why every DVD reviewer loves to throw in the word "dated" or "doesn't hold up" when the movie and TV shows we are getting today are so bad. It's not like we are living in the golden age of movies and television right now.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Yeah, I have to agree.How in this day and age can you do a review with no comments on picture and audio quality? Ill try to find a review today, which will actually comment on picture and audio quality.The special feature sounds like it was well done.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
According to someone on imdb message boards, they recieved their copy and the laugh track is missing from the episodes !!!!!!!!!!! Wow, I didnt see that coming, ill still keep my copy when it arrives, but I am slightly dissapointed since that was a big part of the show.

buttmunker

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike

What?! I just hope they're hard of hearing, because without the phony laff-trak, how am I going to know which are the funny parts? (j/k) But the laff-trak really added to whatever thing Melody said, or Alex did. Or anything Alexandra.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I really doubt he woud lie about something like this, I just hope thats the only problem with the set.Can you imagine if it wont have the chase songs ? Then ill defintely return it.

buttmunker

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
Is it absolutely certain that every episode, from the first to the last, had a laff-trak? Maybe they didn't, and that IMDB customer only heard the episodes that didn't have it?

Maybe wishful thinking, on my part?

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Can anyone imagine if they didnt get the rights to the songs ? They would have the chase scenes with generic music, or no music at all ! So no one has got their copy yet so that they can comment on these things ?

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Anyone that has their copy, can you check if the chase songs are intact? I cant believe that with so many dvd review sites on the net ,that their is only 1 review so far , and that review was pretty much worthless !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
Overal I loved the DVD, because it was a great show. But a couple of disappointment, that doesn't ruin the DVD, but still needs to be said.

They don't have the laugh tracks. They had the laugh tracks on the Jetsons, but I am going to guess that they couldn't get a decent version with the laugh tracks. I don't know when HB stopped using laugh tracks on their shows, but I think Josie had laugh tracks. This show was on the 1970 - 71 season, the second season of Scooby Doo Where Are You!!, which had a laugh track in the second season.

Other disappointment is they don't use the original HB logo from the early
70's. They had it on Scooby Doo Where Are You!! release.

buttmunker

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
Well, if that's the case, I'll pass on this set. While I did enjoy the show, its not a "must-have" if its lacking on anything.

It will, at some point in the future, be re-released, and probably with everything set to rights. I can wait.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
I am not possitive Josie and the Pussycats had a laugh tracks, if so I never seen it with laugh tracks. So it is not that big of a difference to me.

Had the Scooby Doo Where Are You DVD not had the laugh tracks, I would have very upset, that is one of the original Scooby Doo trademarks, the laugh tracks. I couldn't enjoy it, had Scooby not have a laugh track.

buttmunker

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike

Josie definitely had a laugh-track, cause I'm watching episodes ON DEMAND through Time Warner Cable.

And the same reason why the laugh track made you laugh harder in Scooby is the same reason why I won't buy Josie. It just ain't the same without it.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I really need to know about the chase songs, and the picture and audio quality, please folks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator

Yes the the chase music is in tact. The picture is excellent, the audio quality is okay. Like most Classic HB Collection releases, it is in mono.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Thanks, I read on another board that the picture is good, but when compared to the archie show that was released a couple months ago, by genius dvd , its not as good.Although if the picture quality, is comparable to the jetsons dvd then im happy !

Knobby

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve
Is it just me, or does the background music on this disc sound strange? Kind of like a wobbly record on a turntable?
The picture quality is decent. Besides the missing laugh track and the HB logo, the set is missing the original short (about 15 seconds each) spots that were at the commercial breaks. I remember one was with Josie and Alan, and one was with Alex and Melody. And the Josie In The Know segments would have been a great extra.
These Hannah Barbera dvd releases are getting me mad. I'm a stickler for wanting stuff released in the original way that it aired on tv. It seems that they
just don't care enough to obtain the original masters. It really got me mad when I bought the Scooby Doo dvd set and the original theme openings were missing. Does anyone own the Scooby Doo Movies dvd set? I assume that it's missing the spots that aired before the commercials too. They existed...I clearly remember them.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Are you talking about the music during the main menu ? If so, then YES.If youre talking about the music in the episodes , then no, the music in the episodes sound ok , but seem slightly low on the volume side.But then again lets not forget this is a 1.0 mono track sound dvd .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks