What's new

John Carpenter movies on Blu-Ray (1 Viewer)

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Originally Posted by Worth

That release was canceled at the last minute, though I believe a few review copies did slip through.
Oh right. I guess I'll just go ahead and buy the Special Edition R2 UK DVD in the meantime.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Originally Posted by MattFini

Yeah, that's a bummer about LA. I was REALLY looking forward to getting that on BD since the SD is absolutely horrible by today's standards.

What are the chances that Paramount will give us a Russell/Carpenter commentary track? I could listen to those guys shoot the shit all day.
I think the chances are pretty slim but one could hope!

Derek M Germano

Second Unit
I am really getting a hankering to see IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS on Blu-ray.
Hopefully it will appear sooner, rather than later.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Originally Posted by Kevin EK

I'm really hoping that the Blu-ray of Starman will include the commentary track from the R2 DVD and some decent extras. The only DVD release it's had in the US was pretty skimpy.
The BD of Starman looks and sounds terrific, but it has zero extras. My full review will be up tomorrow or Monday.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Originally Posted by Richard Gallagher

The BD of Starman looks and sounds terrific, but it has zero extras. My full review will be up tomorrow or Monday.
One could always throw together a custom Blu-ray cover for those who own the BD of STARMAN and the UK Special Edition DVD for a 2-Disc Blu case. Alas, my Photoshop skills "suck shit"!

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Advice: Buy the new Dark Star DVD. Video quality is vastly improved considering it was shot in 16mm in 1974. Colors are vibrant now for one thing. I'm watching the long documentary on disc 2 now and it is excellent. However, the menu encoding seems screwy, ie. I had to monkey around to get to the extras. Strange. But I say unto thee: get this DVD. The movie really gets me buzzing, very amusing story. The extras are great too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks