What's new

jbl speakers? (1 Viewer)

whats your guys thoughts on jbl floorstanding speakers
im in the market to replace my garbage klh's
and im wondering if jbls are worth it, if you could compare them to other companies in their price range i would appreciate it.
missions, wharfdale, polk, athena, whatever
thanks a million

JoeyR

Second Unit
Real Name
Joey
They rock have 2 E30 fronts and 2 E30 sides with a EC35 Center Channel, Mikey Weitz will be posting soon too, and I believe its Phil, he can post specs:D

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Yep, do a search in this forum. Plenty of info. I have the E80 mians, ec35 center e10 surrounds and n24 rear surrounds with Dayton 10" sub (BFD'ing today) with a Pio 014. VERy happy.

I do not think you can beat the JBL's for the $$$ (if bought properly online, not at BestBuy). Their is certainly better for more $$$, but not at the price point.
Mine sound GREAT to me!

Phil is def. the JBL king around here, so he should be posting some Real good info and links soon!

Andre P

Auditioning
I'll second Mike, E80 and EC35 up front with Dayton 10". These speakers are definitely worth the price you can get them at online.

Scott Miller

Agent
I have last year's S-26II's for fronts and surrounds along with an S-CenterII. I think they sound unbelievable. Especially since I bought them online for 1/2 of BB's price!

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter

The intent of the Northridge E-Series is to provide Pro Sound and they accomplished that by utilizing technology developed by JBL's Professional division starting with their original N- & S-Series.

Subjective reviews ((like by JoeyR, MikeyWeitz, Andre P, CNET, Secrets of Home Theater & Hi-Fi and Sound & Vision Mag.) and Objective Benchmarks (Sound & Vision Mag.) confirms JBL's success in providing the consumer quality at a moderate price!

Like MikeyWeitz wrote, ... considerable savings can be obtained thru JBL authorized Internet Dealer's.

NOTE: OneCall.com presently have the JBL's on-sale (linked to another HTF post).

For specific JBL floorstanding speaker on-line reviews, see the following...

JBL NORTHRIDGE E SERIES - E90 (Cherry)

- February 12, 2004 JBL Northridge E Series E90 Reviewed by Steve Guttenberg for CNET

- December, 2004 JBL Northridge E90 Floor-Standing Speakers Product Review by Adrian Wittenberg for Secrets of HT & Hi-Fi

----

JBL NORTHRIDGE E SERIES - E100 (Cherry)

- November 2004 JBL Northridge E Series HT Package Reviewed by Brett Johnson for Secrets of HT & Hi-Fi

FYI: JBL Official E-Series INTRO via dba newsline - 5 September 03 JBL SHOWCASES NORTHRIDGE¢â E SERIES LOUDSPEAKER

Hope this helps,
Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks