What's new

Is there any way I can get better sound or video ? (1 Viewer)

jim1174

Agent
Real Name
jim
my tv has coaxial, s-video and composite . i also have a digital audio receiver. i recently purchased a dvr digital box from my cable company. The box has coaxel, hdmi, composite audio and video , component and ieee. i purchased composite video and audio cables because that is the best way i can think to hook it up. is there any way i can get better sound or video like some kind of converter box to hook up s-video or digital sound cables ? my tv has the s-video and my digital audio receiver has the digital in out but my cable box does not have any of that

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
You can ask the cable company if they have any boxes with an s-video output. S-video is a little better than composite. Other than that, there's not much you can do other than buy a new tv. You might can find a deal on Craig's List, for a tv. I see them there all the time.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Comcast is a cable service provider. They don't manufacture DVRs. Depending on where you are in the country, your DVR may have been made by Scientific Atlanta, Motorola, Moxie or some other company. Each of those manufacturers makes several different DVR models. Without knowing exactly which DVR you have, we can't tell what your connection options are. Do you currently have digital cable service or analog?

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks