What's new

Iron Man sequel news (1 Viewer)

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
I'm pissed because I was just watching this film again last night, knowing that Howard would have a more significant role in the sequel, so I was paying that much closer attention to his character. Talk about coincidence.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member

It's funny that he'd be cheaper. You would think that Don Cheadle would be more expensive as he is a more well known celebrity and has had bigger success at the Box Office than Howard.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter

I'd imagine that as well.

I don't like this at all, I can live with casting replacements if done well-- unlike this. Cheadle is a fine actor but he's undoubtedly going to be a different character than Howard's version, a character that matched with Jr.'s Stark perfectly.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
I am much more of a Cheadle fan than of Howard. I personally am looking forward to what Don will bring to the role.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Count me as another who prefers continuity in film sequels(with the exception of Katie Holmes). I certainly admire Cheadle as an actor and I'm sure he'll do a fine job in IM 2, but Howard should've been allowed to play the role IMHO.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
In this case, Downey really IS a dude who's playing the dude (Rhody) disguised as another dude (War Machine).

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Well, they've gotten rid of Paltrow now. Besides Tony and Rhodey, Downey will now be playing Pepper:

Picture spoilered only for size.

This reminds me of a really crappy Diagnosis Murder where Dick played every member of a family.

Paul D Snyder

Stunt Coordinator
It looks like Howard was shocked to find out he was replaced as well.

I have nothing against Cheadle, but I really liked Howard's take on the character. He came across as very genuine and his calm was a perfect counter to Downey's over-the-top antics.

And I too, prefer continuity with characters.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Cool news...Maybe, this will light a fire under Warner and get their franchises going.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks