What's new

If you could live anywhere in TV on DVD Land... (1 Viewer)

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
- How about Wayne manner - the one from the 60's Batman TV s -- as long as Alfred Pennyworth came along with it.
- Would like to live on the street with the Leave it to Bever crew...
- Live above the Cunninghams house from Happy Days - just kick the Fonz out...could come down and have dinner with the family...
- Live in the backstage of the Muppet theater...
- If I didn't have to worry about getting eaten - the world from Land of the Lost would be kind of cool as well...

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
I'll cast another vote for Morning Glory Circle (Bewtiched). It's a warm, comfortable home with a huge backyard, and my neighbors would be Jeannie, Major Nelson and the Partridge Family.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Wouldn't want to live in the Brady house...there's no toilet! However, I am happily claiming Morning Glory Circle because that's what I'm standing in my avatar pic!!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I'm pleasantly surprised at all the Mayberry selections. I thought I might be the only one to list it.

Gary "loving these responses from everyone" O.

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
I would like to explore the Addams Family or Munsters houses, but I don't know if I'd want to live there. Too many odd characters roaming about, although Marilyn M. might make that house bearable.

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
Personally, I would say Hooterville (or Hootersville if you speak with a certain acc(id)ent)!! Looks like a nice place to live, one where everybody works, and is able to live (sometimes in spite of losing money), everybody is on able to get to other places without too much trouble, and if nothing else, you can never tell what's going to happen (although you can find out things via the wind, if I recall)! Not to mention good food at the Shady Rest (and let's leave the Douglas' farm out of that point completely)!

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
DaveHof2 said:
I'll cast another vote for Morning Glory Circle (Bewtiched). It's a warm, comfortable home with a huge backyard, and my neighbors would be Jeannie, Major Nelson and the Partridge Family.
And don't forget Hazel and Gidget, too!

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
davidHartzog said:
Either Twin Peaks or next door to Mrs. Peel.
I almost said Emma Peel's first apartment (the b&w one). It was cool and it was in the swinging mod London of the 60's.

When I was a kid, I wanted to live in the Munsters' house. Not so sure now. Love Grandpa's dungeon, but the kitchen's pretty blah. LOL.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I'd love to have a weekend house at 320 Maple Road in Mayberry (the Taylors lived at 322). Weekends in Mayberry would be just fine.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
My first thought was Collinwood. I've always wanted to live in a place with a closed off wing. My suitcase would be full of garlic and crosses.Remington's apartment appeals to the movie lover in me.And if the people are around, then Bosley's office with the intercom is definitely the place.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
A weird thought, but I'd love to live the world of the old animated "Speed Racer." Everything and every place seemed super-clean, state of the art and very colorful.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Nice topic. Here are a few...

Easiest choice would be Earth during Star Trek: The Next Generation. Some of my favorite SF novels have dealt with post-scarcity societies and I'd love the chance to live in one of them and Star Trek fits the bill.

In terms of Westerns, I'd like to be neighbors with Lucas McCain (as good a neighbor as one is likely to find.)

For simply experiencing nature, spend some time on the road with Kwai Chang Caine.

Gilligan's Island, assuming the cast was on the island.

For the '50s, easy choice; next door to the Cunninghams.

Finally, not a nice place to live; but aboard Babylon 5 for the exposure to the various alien cultures.

I know I'm missing some obvious choices.

- Walter.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
A weird thought, but I'd love to live the world of the old animated "Speed Racer." Everything and every place seemed super-clean, state of the art and very colorful.

I was posting when John submitted that, hence the second post. That is just an awesome idea. Kudos on the 'out of the box' thinking. :thumbsup:

- Walter.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Ockeghem said:
I wouldn't mind living on several of the planets encountered in TOS (Omicron Ceti III and the 'Shore Leave' planet come immediately to mind). I think it would be fun to live in Mayberry, N.C. and North Fork, New Mexico Territory (from The Rifleman).
If I were on the "Shore Leave Planet" I'd be thinking of riding this:
cyclone1.jpg

:biggrin: :laugh: :rolling-smiley:

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Actually, now that I think of it, I'd like to live in Richie Rich's house. There's 1000 rooms supposedly, and they don't even use a tenth of the house for daily use.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
My first choice would be Kornfield Kounty. As a bluegrass picker and singer, oh my, hanging with Roy Clark and Grandpa Jones would be awesome! if I need a car, I pick up the phone and call BR-549 and get Junior to send me one over. Archie Campbell took care of doctor duties and barber duties both and never failed to have a side-splitting joke like Beeping Sleauty.

I'd also love to live the Clampetts. I don't think I'd want Granny's cooking, though, but it would be a hoot to live in the mansion with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks