What's new

If you could live anywhere in TV on DVD Land... (1 Viewer)

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
The problem with living in Collinwood is that you never know where your furniture is going to be placed on any given day, and I'm not sure I'd want all of those boom mics in my house...

But I WOULD like to explore the house, just to see how it's really laid out. I mean we see the great room and foyer all the time, but other than Roger's study and the kitchen eating area, we never saw any more of the downstairs. Surely there are many, many more rooms.

Harry

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Perhaps off topic but for the late 60s and on a daytime budget the set decorators were above any other show. Angelique's room in the east wing in the last year was outstanding. The Old House and Laura's cottage in 1966-67 was beautiful with Diana and of course Josette coming out of the portrait. I remember Alexandra speaking that an ABC man who did not know the show threw out part of the Old House because he thought it was junk in 1966 pre Barnabas.

I guess I love Collinwood because I have been there. I shall never forget the thrill of seeing the house up close in Newport. The rain was coming down and I thought what a perfect way to view it.

Yes I would love to live in that house all jokes aside. The whole place was sold for 16 thousand dollars at one time. The new owners now rent rooms and it has been in a feature film from last year.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Mark,I too have seen The Great House (Seaview Terrace / Salve Regina). I wish I had seen The Old House before it burned down, though.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Radioman970 said:
The old house burned down...? :eek:
Yeah, unfortunately. The Spratt House burned down in 1969.

http://darkshadows.wikia.com/wiki/Spratt_Mansion

OH.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks