What's new

I Spy - Remastered? (1 Viewer)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Well, thanks to the 20% off sales, I finally bought a season set (season 2).
I've only had a chance to sample a couple eps over different discs, but it does appear this is a very substantial improvment over the original Image disc/set I bought and quickly sold a few years back.
The artifacting that was so prevelant in that set was just about entirely absent on the scenes I sampled here. Even aliasing and moire appeared very significantly reduced. If the rest of the set is at the same level, I'll be very impressed considering the sub $9 price I paid.
The only thing I know I hate is the packaging. I don't mind the case, but the hubs holding the discs are beyond awful. They were evidently designed to hold the discs securely in transit, rather that being easily releasable in normal use. I can understand doing everything possible to mimimize returns due to loose scratched discs, but I worry about causing stress cracks and scratches trying to get these off their hubs. The only difference is in liabilty and in that sense Image is covered.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
I'm putting the DVDs in envelopes. There's no way I want to deal with the hubs more than getting them off.

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron

I hate them too, I had to return 2 copies of the Season 3 set because discs kept breaking. First it was disc 3, then disc 1 in my replacement set. I was trying to be very careful in removing them. Amazon is giving me a refund, apparently the problem was more widespread than they though. I will have to re-buy the set if I want to watch the rest of the series and when I do, I'm going to buy some new cases to help prevent other discs from breaking in the future. Other than that, I enjoyed the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks