What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: Toy Story 10th Anniversary Edition: MUST BUY (1 Viewer)

Vince Butler

Agent
Real Name
Vince Butler
I'm still looking for a list of the special features from the Toy Box that haven't carried over. For instance, the 5.1 effects-only track doesn't appear to be on the new version (or at least nobody's mentioned it). Are there any other features that have been dropped?

Mark Lucas

Second Unit

I was being sarcastic. Someone posts reduced sized screenshots and expects anyone to make a fair judgement.

Note to posters: if you're going to post screenshots for a critical discussion please post them in their native 720x480 resolution or blown up to 1920x1080 via bicubic or even 856x480. 720x480 raw would be preferred though.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I don't see a difference either, but I still bought this today as I didn't get the original Toy Box Set. Only the 2 movie pack. This is one of the rare instances where I want the special features because I'll actually watch them.

Don't forget, too, the sound has been upgraded as well. For me, those are good enough reasons to upgrade, plus a little improvement in picture as a bonus.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
But come on Mark, the new DVD has a new GAME! Which we all know that games on DVD's are SOOOOO Cool!

Homer Simpson: "Now THAT'S Sarcasm!" :D

Jonathan_

Second Unit
I'm saving my Toy Box and still buying the new versions. I am taking the cover from the UTB for TS1 and putting in the place of the new cover for the 10th anniversary. I am then taking a paper sleeve and putting the old disc in the case. So I now have the ULTIMATE Toy Box.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Just picked this up and I had to mentioned how pleasantly surprised I was that "The Legacy" featurette includes a clip from one of my favorite shows, "Coupling" (the UK version). The show itself is wholly inappropriate for kids though there's nothing bad in the clip in question. :)

SteveCallas

Second Unit
Just picked this up from Circuit City and after removing the numerous Made in Mexico stickers and shrink wrap, I find that discs 1 and 2 have what looks to be big wet spots all over the underside of the discs.

Now I gotta drive back tonight and exchange it before they are all out - with the price of gas being so high, I don't appreciate this. They need better quality control in their Mexico facility if they let this one slip by.

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
I JUST FOUND AN EASTER EGG!!!

On Disc 1, In the Main Menu, Hit the Right Arrow of the DVD remote and the left-most small round button will light up (This is under the large round dial on the right side for you folks using PCs).

Hit enter and it takes you to an advertisement for Buzz Lightyear a la Al's Toy Barn.

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
Just giving a heads up, probably could be in bargains, but at circuitcity.com you can get 2 titles that are reg. 14.99 for $20. This includes the new releases, so you could pick up Crash and TS for $20 plus shipping and tax. I picked up TS and something else. Not a bad deal. It's like getting the other DVD for about $7.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
are you sure?
i just put this into my cart and just before you hit
send it in this is what it shows.

Crash (2004)$14.99 1
Toy Story $14.99 1

Subtotal $29.98
Shipping FREE!
Tax $1.80
Total

$31.78

James D

Second Unit
The CC glitch was good all day, but it's now dead. They must have fixed the glitch.:frowning:

I read on another board that some people are still getting the discount. It might have to do with which browser that you are using.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
OK guys, here are some comparisons between The Ultimate Toy Box and The 10th Anniversary Edition. Sorry for any slow loads but the first two images represent about 1/3 of the actual movie frame or about 550K each.

The following are uncompressed bitmaps that have not been edited....

The Ultimate Toy Box

The 10th Anniversary Edition

__________________________________________________ _____

The Ultimate Toy Box

The Ultimate Toy Box

The Ultimate Toy Box

The Ultimate Toy Box

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks