What's new

HTF Review: "Better Off Dead" (With screenshots) (1 Viewer)

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
I thought that was Disney's modus operandi. They consider "full color disc label artwork" to be a special feature.
I don't know...I've seen people complain that double-sided discs are bad because there's no disc art. I recall that when the T2 SE was released, someone preferred the 2-disc set specifically due to the disc art. :)
DJ

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I thought that was Disney's modus operandi. They consider "full color disc label artwork" to be a special feature.
Hmmm, I wonder why Paramount didn't include "Full Color Disc Art" as a special feature for all their movie-only DVDs that are released this Tuesday? :)

Kevin Farley

Second Unit
Mike,
That cover is amazing! Thank you for that great work. Keep it up! Maybe you'll get hired for doing that. (perhaps you already are...)
I really want to get this dvd. So many great lines!
"This is howard cosell..."
It's interesting to look at that scene in light of today's racing... scene. (I made an Austin! I made an Austin!:)) I too had some pathetic take-offs in my Mom's Volare station wagon (0-60 in 12 seconds flat!:D )

James L White

Supporting Actor
I just thought I'd bring this thread back to life and ask Paramount to pick up the One Crazy Summer DVD, now that's how you treat a popular comedy (nice a/v, commentary, trailer and a respectable price) Sadly B O D was the start of the downward spiral for Paramount, they've always put out bare discs but now the a/v is not quite up to par *sigh* I guess we'll never see an SE :frowning:

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
Well, I hate to say it, but this movie really didn't work for me. It just tried much too hard to be goofy and off-kilter and the various cartoon interludes just made me cringe. That's not to say the movie doesn't have inherent qualities that I simply did not appreciate, but if you're thinking this is going to be another Fast Times or Ferris Bueller, you may be in for a sore disappointment.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Well, I hate to say it, but this movie really didn't work for me. It just tried much too hard to be goofy and off-kilter...
I agree, J.R. I was expected a 'dark teen comedy' - a rarity in the Cinema lexicon, and it just didn't deliver. I rarely laughed out loud. I was expecting multiple bungled suicides... where were they? Cusack is good though - in a dramatic sense.
I usually love films like this, but for some reason, it just didn't light the funny switch in my brain.
I watched Savage Steve Holland's One Crazy Summer right after I watched Better Off Dead and I laughed my ass off! :D
Maybe Better Off Dead will grow on me; I didn't 'get' Spinal Tap first time, but the the second time, oh baby! :laugh:
Comedies can be a tricky genre sometimes.
Gordy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks