What's new

How many movies have you seen? (1 Viewer)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
AND there are films we keep watching over and over again, so the hours stack even higher. For instance, I KNOW I have seen the following movies more than 25 times...

2001: A Space Odyssey
Akira
Army of Darkness
Battle Royale
Brazil
Evil Dead / Evil Dead II
Fight Club*
Indiana Jones Trilogy*
Monty Python Films (Holy Grail*, Life of Brian, Meaning of Life)
The Rocky Horror Picture Show*
Star Wars Trilogy*
This is Spinal Tap
Toy Story I* + II*
Who Framed Roger Rabbit?*

* = have seen them on the big screen

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i dont see many new movies, i re-watch my favorites. i'm 26, and i'd say probably 1000 individual titles would be a safe estimate. however, i can count at least twenty movies that i have seen at least 50 times. and if you count back to the future and ghostbusters, i used to alternate them every day when i was a kid, every day after school, for many years. i figure a modest estimate for each of those movies for me is about 500-800 times each. i have since broadened my film horizons quite a bit, but damn, those were fun movies.

CJ

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
Ok, last weekend 1, the weekend before 1, the weekend before that 1, so it's somewhere between 3 and several thousand.

Martin Teller

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Teller
I'm 38. According to my iMDB list, I've seen 3679 movies (3654 at Criticker). This includes a number of shorts, but not all the shorts I've seen (I don't bother counting every Bugs Bunny cartoon and the like). Let's say around 3300-3400 feature-length films.

I think some people in this thread are wildly overestimating. Set up an iMDB account, and start filling a "My Movies" list with everything you've seen. It'll take a while (it was several months before I stopped remembering titles to add) but in the end you'll probably find you haven't seen as many as you think you have. I know I was surprised, anyway.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Conservative guess is 100 films/year for the past 20 years, and maybe another 500 in my youth, but I think my movie-watching took off during my college years when I'd co-op every over quarter, so I had plenty of time to watch movies while still being in college, but on work quarters.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Since my first post in this thread, 6 years ago, I've nearly doubled my movie collection with 4677 films on various formats. It's a bit like collecting stamps, except you can stare at movies longer and there's the added bonus of sound and motion.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Originally Posted by Joe_Begos

This is a very hard question to answer but I vote for all the movies I've seen over at IMDB to help keep a running total. I feel I've voted for almsot everything I've seen, though am missing a few. I figure I've seen somewhere in the area of 1400-1600.

You guys?
What happened to Joe?

I could never guess how many I've seen.
Been watching movies for about 40 years, on tv and at the theater, won't even guess.

Jason Roer

Supporting Actor
Well - I watch a lot of movies - usually one a day. Already this year I've seen 177. Now they aren't all first timers, but around 70 are. And the rest have only been seen once or twice before. Figuring this out will be difficult, cause it's not like I popped out of mom watching movies every day, but I sure did take in lots starting as a teenager.

Hmm. Let's say on average I see 3-400 a year. And that's gone on for around 10 years. And then you have another 15 or so when I saw maybe 70-100. Anything before that I can't imagine would add significantly cause I didn't watch nearly as many movies as a kid. Then you have to figure in repeat viewings. Let's say somewhere in the neighborhood of 4000 films in 34 years.

Cheers,

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks