What's new

How I Met Your Mother - season 7 thread (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
It's been a good season. While I'm anxious about revisiting Barney and Robin, they seemed to have learned their lessons from the bad seasons around them dating the first time.

Kaka22

Auditioning
Real Name
Jamie Kaka
I cant believe that Robin got pregnant from Barney, I would never expect that happen...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Tonight's episode was my favorite one in years. Given what future Ted has said in the past, Robin being childless is the only way things could have ended up. But the way it was handled was pitch perfect. Instead of being a pregnancy scare that they rehash again and again, they closed the door on Robin being a mother definitively. It leaves Robin in a genuinely different place for the first time in a long time, and it also means that Barney ever getting together with Robin permanently would mean forgoing having biological children with his spouse. Real life is about closing doors as time goes on, and it was great to see the show recognize that.
The framing with Robin's "children" was heartbreaking. The final beat in the apartment was wonderful.
Only Marshall's storyline was completely slapstick. The rest of the episode was Season 1 & 2 level good.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
My recording was riddled with dropouts, but the ep still brought a tear to my eye. Final line was so touching.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I agree. I admit, I am fully on board though with Robin and Barney making it work out somehow. Maybe no kids in the picture, but the grand adventure ;)

Originally Posted by Greg Kettell /t/314919/how-i-met-your-mother-season-7-thread#post_3877033
Agree, I think it's definitely the best episode of the season, maybe the last two seasons.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Incredible episode.

Marshall's storyline never really made sense, but everything else was pitch-perfect.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I had a feeling they were going for some kind of Home Alone or Better Off Dead type thing with Marshall, but from the old man's perspective.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I thought it'd be the kid of the father with the super-lights house, out to sabotage competition. But instead it was just a psychopath teen :)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I wish they hadn't gone there with Ted and Robin. It feels like retread and chain-yanking at this point. Not to mention it's kind of crappy of Ted to share that at that particular moment in her life. But I'm sure the show will turn it around somehow and make it not what it seems. In other words, continue chain yank.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm hoping the reintroduction of that plays off Victoria's comment from earlier in the season that him rooming with one of the great loves of his life and hanging out with her all of the time is weird and holding him back. I actually thought it was natural to go there, since when they broke up at the end of season 2 they said they'd reevaluate in five years if neither of them had settled down. Well here they are, five years later.
... which isn't to say the show hasn't been spinning its wheels like crazy the last couple seasons.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I enjoy the show, but it's not as sharp as a few years ago. The "A Beautiful Mind" reference was funny, but weirdly outdated. And something of a poor copy of better jokes earlier seasons.

My wife wants it to wrap up and be done.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Tonight's episode was huge for the show. Just when you think the show's going to take another spin on the Ted-Robin merry-go-round, they close the door on it altogether. And the ending ranks in my top five of the entire series. It really leaves me hoping that next season's the last. At this point, I'd really love a sprint to the finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks