What's new

How I Met Your Mother - ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

GARY C

Second Unit
[Paraphrased]

"So what did you do then, come home and perform a drum solo?"

I was on the floor after that comment. Best so far.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
As much as I love Robin, I liked Ted with Victoria. It was nice to see him with a girl so up front about things, with Robin there are too many head games going on, most of them coming from her end.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I agree, though I think the games are largely unintentional, a result of her not being in touch with her feelings (e.g. her confessing she never cries - nice touch) rather than something intentional or "bitchy." I think what got me with the final scene was that Ted was finally with someone who could reciprocate at the same level, which is at the core of what we're rooting for with Ted, not for him to be with Robin specifically. I don't think I realized that myself until that final moment.

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
Another great episode. Marshall has his moments.

Yet another week passes where I look to my wife and say "but Ted and Robin should be together," to which my wife rolls her eyes, yet again, and calls me a Nancy.

Doug

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
First time watcher, and I guess I saw a very good one. And I agree. It's set to record now on my PVR.

The lead is a good actor, as was Buttercup/Victoria. The dumbass should have called himself Wesley, but I thought that because I didn't see the twist coming.

Alyson is...Alyson. Damn entertaining, one note actress. Her husband is a stock character. Doogie is always entertaining. Playing a playboy is cute.

But it was a well written and executed ep. Notice how they saved $ on using a full wedding set by moving the action into a piano lounge? That was neat.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Glad you liked the show, Ivan, but with all due respect, Alyson Hannigan, a "one note actress"?
Maybe if all you have seen her in is this show or the "American Pie" flcks but the range she showed over the years on "Buffy" was extraordinary IMHO. She is tremendously talented. Just watch the scene in "The Body" for example where she is simply trying to find something to wear for a funeral.

ok, tangent over... ;)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
And she went from scary bitch to sympathetic victim in Veronica Mars without a hitch.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
And my 2 cents about the Robin/Victoria thang...
I have known MANY "Robins" over the years. They are exciting, tempting, exhilirating but eventually frustrating and not worth it. Interesting how she only realizes her feelings when she sees Ted with someone else. Like, "I don't really want you, but I don't want anyone else to be with you either!"
Here's to Ted going for Victoria!

;) d

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Long live buttercup :)

Yes, I agree that Robin would never really work out. She is all about the job. Not really relationship material.

Where Victoria seems very sweet.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
John, "Willow will make you bark" :)

Nice to see Ted with someone who can deliver the goods emotionally. Robin is not a bad person, but she is so self-involved that she can't give anything back; at least as the character is written now. Will she change over the duration of the show is one of the questions I have with regards to the series.

All in all a nice episode.

- Walter.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Walter, my favorite is still...

"All of the Midichlorians in the world won't save us when Darth Rosenberg finds us!" :laugh:

As for Robin, yes she is very sweet (not to mention HOT, but that doesn't apply right this second), but the poor girl has no clue on how to evaluate her feelings, as said she's all about work. Ted doesn't need that, he's an honest and nice guy who needs a girl who won't play games with him.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I was afraid Robin and Barney were actually going to hook up. As entertaining as B. is that would just be wrong. I'm glad they bonded though.

"It must smell like a monkey cage in there!" - Grossly hilarious!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"Freeze Frame High Five!"

"I hope you're happy...You sunk my battleship!"

"Quid Pro Bro"

"Just grab my boob already!"

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Man, I was hoping Robin and Barney would hook up. That would neatly resolve the whole "Aunt Robin" thing. Personally, I could care less about Ted and/or Robin. They are the main characters, yet by far the worse thing about the show. I could watch a show about Barney, Marshall, and Lily forever, because they're engaging, hilarious characters.

In this episode, Robin redeemed herself a little, but Ted came across as even more pathetic than usual. I'm usually not a fan of the "he's so emotional, that must mean he's a girl" jokes, but they were accurate and funny here.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
I also liked:

"I need a bro for tonight's bro-ings on."

"Barney, that's the third time you've accidentally hit on me tonight."

"What? I'm birthday suiting up!"

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Anyone else get the sense that the events of this episode will be revisited from Ted and BC's POV? Or some other kind of revisiting that puts a twist on the assumptions going on in this episode.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
"We still have the deuce."

The last 2 eps have both had a bunch of laugh out loud moments.

I was rooting for Robin-Barney also. They seem made for each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks