What's new

How I Met Your Mother - ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
This show has been a nice surprise, not one I planned on watching but just sort of picked up on and now I really enjoy it.

Seeing Alyson again after not seeing her since Buffy left the air was nice, but it's Cobie Smulders that get's my blood pumping, not to get old school on you but that girl is FINE!

Niel Patrick Harris kills me with his mere presance. :laugh: He finally managed to shed the shadow of Doogey Howser I think.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Cobie is "Smulder"-ing hot, no doubt, but I'll still go with Alyson. She's got that mix of sweet & sexy that is very rare.

As for NPH, well, his is the breakthrough comic performance of the year. If you just listen to his words, this is the kind of guy you wouldn't want anything to do with. Yet Harris is able to make him almost endearing. If he doesn't get a supporting Emmy nod there is no justice.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
January 9, 2006

Oh my god, did we finally meet her? As expected, she has a lot to live up to.

EDIT: According to IMDB Ashley Williams was in the Pineapple Incident. Either it's a mistake or she was one of the girls sitting at the booth with Danica McKellar.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member

As someone mentioned in an earlier posting, wouldn't this mean the end of the show if this is the real "mother"? My wife and I really laughed when Neil Patrick Harris ordered the Vodka and Cranberry. That is what my wife drinks.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Also noticed they cut the kids out of the opening/closing and just went with VO. Hope they continue that.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm not quite in awe if Ashley Williams is, indeed, the mother. Ashley was previously on "Good Morning, Miami" and cute and all that, but you have to feel for Ted lusting after a woman who's emotionally unavailable to him now (Robin), so if this new lady expressed more interest in him, can't blame him for falling for her.

This was one of the few episodes where Marshall was funny, but wasn't a bumbling idiot at the same time. It was a better performance by Jason Segel playing him.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I think they can only drag it out for so long - this first season tops. If there's still no designated mother at the start of the second season I imagine viewers will abandon in frustration (at least this one will, I think).

I do appreciate the insightful moments of this show, despite it being a sitcom - the notion of it not coming together (aka "not easy"), despite how much a person might want it to. Ted and Robin keep missing each other and there's a point you just have to get the cosmic message and move on.

I think Cobie has gained a little weight since the pilot. This is NOT a complaint - just an observation from the moments with Robin montage.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Based on the somewhat ambiguous tone of Ted's final VO (unfortunately, I can't remember the exact words), I'm thinking we're not quite there yet. My guess is Ted somehow meets his wife through the new Ashley Williams character.

Mike Wilk

Stunt Coordinator
I heard an interview with NPH on Fresh Air. I had seen him before in Harold and Kumar and decided to give this show a try. I'm glad I did.

YMMV

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
Another great episode. No way that's "the mother". They could stretch this for years. I still want to see Ted and Robin hook up. My wife makes fun of me, because I comment on how Ted and Robin need to be together. It's my "puss" moment of the week.

Doug

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Doug, if it helps just tell her there is someone worse participating in this thread. :)

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I haven't watched this weeks episode yet (don't worry about spoilers) so will be interested to see it. I still wish we would have had a couple episodes with the hat check girl before we learned she wasn't the future Mrs. Ted.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
"drumroll please"

first segment, eh, not so much.
didnt like buttercup.

if he doesnt end up with robin after all is said and done.....

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
I actually liked this episode a lot (I think this is the first time I've bothered to post about this show, if so it's because of this episode). Until now the show has been a decent sitcom, but nothing special. I think there was a strong continuity in this one that changed it from being a weekly sitcom plot show to a more natural look at the characters lives unfolding. Exactly what it should be. And so far Victoria is way better than Robin (whose antics may seem cute on the show, but in real life she'd just be a bitch).

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i hardly think someone who cant follow or dont know how to deal with true feeling is a bitch.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I noticed that Barney violated the 4th wall. Typically, when the gang is at their usual hangout, they are in a booth, and we are seeing them through the "4th wall", but towards the end, Barney went around the booth by going towards the wall to get around the booth to end up on his mark for the end of the scene.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I was kind of ambivalent about Buttercup AKA Victoria until the end. That scene got me all misty, so maybe I'll give her a chance ;). I do like that Robin expressed some actual feelings about Ted though. Serves her right :).

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
I thought this was an exceptionally well written episode (well ok, for a network sitcom that is). Makes me glad I stuck with this show.

Robin or Buttercup? Decisions, decisions....

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks