What's new

How about a BIG pat on the back for Tom & Ron :) (1 Viewer)

Tom Vandogreen

Auditioning
Hey owners of SVS subwoofers and future owners how about giving Tom & Ron a nice big thanks for what they do hey come on
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
:) :)
If it was not for them we would all be spending THOUSANDS & THOUSANDS of dollers on subs like Velodyne, M&K, Rel, B&W, Snell.
There the guys that brought you the SVS CS & PC line to us for amazing prices & outstanding sound quality another thumbs up guys
icon14.gif
how about to more thumbs up
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

When ever i saw a SVS thread there was either Ron Stimpson ( SVS-Ron ) or Tom Vodhanel were always there to awnser your questions ( i dont see velodyne, M&K , B&W doing this
rolleyes.gif
)
I would have to say that SVS subs are the most popular subs at the moment and may be for a long long time.
As you may know what SVS subs do to you when you first pop in a movie for the first time with your sub
smiley_jawdrop.gif
smiley_jawdrop.gif
smiley_jawdrop.gif
smiley_jawdrop.gif

You say thanks to these guys for what they do,
blush.gif
........ Come on dont be shy just say thanks it's the least you can do.....well you can buy one of there new SVS CS Ultra :)
Thank god for SVS " Stimpson Vodhanel Subwoofers" "SVS"
Congrats for your great support :)
Link Removed
You got it :)

Samson

Stunt Coordinator
Better yet, why don't you post your review on audioreview.com so that future enthusiasts will be able to read about this great product.

Tyler

Stunt Coordinator
I dont own one but i always see Tom & Ron here to help anyone with a SVS question.
I once was thinking about buying a single SVS 25-31CS & i sent Tom & Ron lots of e-mails about the SVS 25-31CS and they responded to my e-mail within 24 hours allways happy to help out.
Sadly i could not afford one ( i'm only 16 years thus i only get $10 a week )
But then i could do a DIY sub which i have been e-mailing Dan Wiggins of Adire Audio who responded to over 100 e-mails from me :) He also did several SPL graphs for me which i was not able to do.
Tom & Ron have awesome customer support and same with Dan Wiggins of Adire Audio.
Great job guys.
Some day i will be a owner of dual SVS CS Ultra's

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Psst.. Tyler.. you need a new job :P
I'm 16 and get like 75 a week and i have friends who are waitresses and busboys who who make alot more.

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Tom,
Thanks. Really, except for the long hours, total lack of holidays, and low pay it'd be a dream job.
The part that keeps us going is knowing we're hitting the mark with customers like you, raising the bar on the HT industry, and allowing folks to attain sound that formerly only rich guys with no time to use their equipment could afford (the sort of guys we all aspire to be that is, except for the no time thing ;^)
We also were convinced that, depsite the whole "dot com crash" we keep hearing about, a real manaufacturing enterprise that set out to provide more performance at a fair price could do quite well on the internet, still.
We're doing quite well. I'd hope the same is true for nOhr, Outlaw, Better Cables and a whole generation of companies that give the service and advice that brick and mortar stores USED to be famous for. The only downside is the inability of folks to audition SVS's ahead of time.
Given the virtual community of happy customers out there that can vouch for the fact that "the hype ain't no hype, SVS is REAL", we feel direct sales of US built and enthusiast supported products have a future indeed.
Again, this business model would NOT exist if not for those brave early-adopters that took a chance on us. Thanks to you all, we can now talk about "years of business" (Hey, established in 1999!), and "thousands shipped" (OK, not many thousands but we're hardly the new guys on the block anymore either).
There are many things the 'ol WWW have brought the real-world in a short time, and a whole new way of buying and supporting great products is one of the things I think is often lost on those who felt the web was just a way to hawk "virutual day-planners" and sell paperback books cheaper than the corner store.
The web can mean business, and thank God for it.
Ron
[Edited last by SVS-Ron on July 24, 2001 at 08:12 PM]

Robert G

Stunt Coordinator
I'll throw in a Thank You to Ron and Tom and the rest of SVS. I took a chance after reading about them here for months and am sure glad I did. I would have never known what I was missing with my M&K sub. The customer service is unreal. Getting responses to questions within 24 hours(usually much less) is great. I have never been more proud to own a product. So much so that my second 20-39CS has been ordered and my review of the first is up at audioreview.com. Thanks guys and to be a bit cliched Keep Up the Good Work!!
icon14.gif

------------------

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
Hmm... at first I was sure this was Tom V. having a little fun at everyone's expense, but I guess no one else seems to think so. The fact that he ended the post with:
You got it
... seemed to be a sure indicator that this was a joke, and that was his way of saying, yes, you got it, this is a joke.
I guess I could be wrong, in which case I owe both Toms an apology :)

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Thumbs up to the boys. :)
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

------------------
Trevor
Link Removed Sonically Enhanced
Updated new digital pictures!

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Congrats guys!!
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

You two put out customer service that we only used to dream about. That also says nothing about the product. The quality of it is simply amazing! Yesterday I had a chance to audition the B&W ASW 1000 and the Velo HGS18B. All I can say is SVS blows them away and leaves them for dead. They aren't bad subs at all, just not up to the much higher standards that SVS has brought to the table. Thank you for introducing myself and others to the world of affordable low, clean, and deep bass.
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Wil_J

Stunt Coordinator
Haven't ordered yet, but from a future owner....Great job & great service!
icon14.gif
.......Wil
------------------
"The rose petal floats on water,
the kingfisher flashes above the pond.
Life and beauty swirl in the midst of death."

al'Lan Mandragoran,
*******The Wheel of Time

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
What I can say about SVS is this. They are this forum's "Official" supplier of subwoofers. I asked Ron and Tom if they would like to be our subwoofer supplier not only because of the great product that they make but also their customer support. I have never seen them do anything other than offer suggestions on their products to potential buyers while at the same time never hesitating to suggest another brand that they might look into. They are not afraid to suggest that some other sub might do the job for them in their particular situation.
Everyone in the online e-tailer trade could take a big lesson from what SVS does. Their business model is simple. Make a great product and back it up with fantastic customer support and you will be having people fighting over each other to buy their products.
All I see for SVS is great things in the present and the future.
Parker

RobP

Stunt Coordinator
I am sadly not yet the owner of an svs but i have sent ron and tom several emails helping me make my choice and asking them a thousand questions. All questions were answered within a couple hours. There is nothing more I can appreciate than good customer service.
icon14.gif

RobP

AVspec

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
Well I can honestly say that Ron was a great big help in my decision to buy not one, but dual SV20-39CS subs! He gave me a lot of advice on amps and what would work best for my dedicated HT room and I was able to email him and actually get replies back from him till wee hours of the night and even wee hours in the morning! I have no idea when this guy sleeps!?!
So as of this morning I am the proud expectant father of twins! I will of course be making several posts on how the twins are doing upon arrival!
wink.gif

Stay tuned…..
------------------
-Mark
**** Digital Vortex ****
The Digital Electronic Site
www.digitalvortex.com
[Edited last by Mark Knight on July 25, 2001 at 12:34 PM]

Craig Ball

Second Unit
I too would like to thank Tom,Ron and the whole SVS for working with me on getting both my 20-39CS and Samson shipped to my APO address. I've even convinced a few friends of mine to take the plunge, of course after a quick demo It didn't take much convincing!! The ART 351 will be my next order.
Long Live SVS
Craig

Mike Knapp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Great product, great service and most of all, great people!.
I have known both the SVS guys for as long as they have been surfing and although we have been known to disagree on a few things they are nothing short of great guys that happen to be making an exceptional product.
With that recipe the end results cant help but be tasty.
Keep up the good work guys.
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks