What's new

House, M.D. Season 3 Ongoing Thread (1 Viewer)

Marianne

Supporting Actor
Scott-S said:

I thought the same thing, then I concluded that he had been off recuperating for two months and they had been getting by without him. This might make them more assertive initially.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Me too lol, Cuddy looked hot in that scene. :)

I just got into House M.D. over the summer and love it, I picked up season one and watched it all the way through but haven't seen season 2 yet. However, I just couldn't resist the new season, so a good friend filled me in on what happened to him and I watched the season 3 opener.

I plan to pick up season 2 next week and get caught up properly. :emoji_thumbsup:

I love House, the man and the show, people kept telling me that it's a show about a "mean doctor who doesn't care", but i've observed that he does care, through facial expressions and the way he can't seem to speak when confronted with a compliment or when forced to confront a patient.

My theory is, he wouldn't have become a doctor if he didn't care about the patient on some level, his emotions have just been worn down over the years, that's all, but they're still there, it's obvious to me anyway. House is an antisocial, he doesn't really know how to express his feelings sometimes and so the best he can do is smirk, walk away and contemplate what just happened and he seems baffled by people sometimes.

In many ways he's the best kind of doctor, the kind that'll shoot you straight with no BS, cynical enough to make you laugh, if you get him, most don't lol and brilliant enough to nail down what ails you.

But man, is he ever GRUMPY! :laugh:

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
John,

Those are all reasons I love House, honestly if I was in some weird situation like his patients I would want him for my doctor, I would know that I have a good chance of being cured. He should work on finding a cure for cancer. :)

And yeah, Lisa (Cuddy) always looks pretty hot. :D

mylan

Screenwriter
B.T.W. Nick, that scene ended just after your recording. It did not actually show House getting the prescription filled.

Marianne

Supporting Actor
I thought I saw House taking some sort of pill during the trailer. Of course it could just be a breathmint!

mylan

Screenwriter
Well, he might take a pill in next weeks show but last weeks showed him holding the "scrip" as "You can't always get what you want" played in the background while still in Wilson's office.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I hope they don't go down the pill addiction path. Seems a bit "tv movie of the week" to me.

If he uses the script he stole, he would definitely be fired and loose his licence. I doubt they would do this in the show. He wouldn't be as funny working in a baskin robins. It would probably drop in the ratings.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

It's a TV show. :) If he uses it, Wilson gets pissed off and they have a huge fight, but in the end Wlson covers for House rather than letting him lose his license and/or get arrested. They'll find a way of making the legal aspect of the thing go away, even if that wouldn't be possible in real life. This about the dramatic effect of House's actions on the characters and their relationships. Nobody cares in the least what the real-world consequences would be.

Regards,

Joe

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Another pretty good episode.

Is it me, or did Wilson really come across as a jerk?

Also what is with the "your momma" joke they did. It seemed way out of character for Chase. It just didn't seem to fit with the show.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Wilson is a jerk. He's a serial adulterer, a doctor who gets too involved with his patients (even the ones he doesn't sleep with) and a meddling and sanctimonious busy-body. ;) The only reason he doesn't look lke a jerk most of the time is that House is a much bigger jerk - which also saves the rest of his team, all of whom are dysfunctional in one way or another.

(Case in point: Chase actually trying "do the dozens" after what House said. I don't think it was out of place or out of character - it was just Chase lamely trying to be cool, which is hardly unprecedented.)

Regards,

Joe

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I think that Chase' comment was his way of trying to get one up on Foreman the only way he THOUGHT he knew how, it didn't work lol.

What a bogus "lesson" Wilson and Cuddy were trying to pull on House, and Wilson insulted House' intelligence by trying to deny it. If I were Cameron, I would have went straight to him after she learned the truth...give the man his due credit. I'm sure that he'll be wrong about a case eventually but in this case he wasn't, pure and simple.

What a bizarre episode, I wonder if something like what they presented could actually happen? It was some sort of strange siamese twin only on a genetic level. This show get's better and better, and i've yet to see season 2 lol!

LOL moment for me was when House gave Chase and Foreman that funny back and forth look when they were in the lab comparing the tests, the look on House' face had be laughing for 20 minutes straight. :laugh:

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Good episode, definitely better than the last. Although you would think the fact that he was conceived through the means of In Vitro fertilization would be a pretty relevant factor, wouldn't you?

And also, the deal with the 'microchip', the titanium pins; seemed like they just used that as filler, nothing really became of it. Or that was just cut out of the episode due to time constraints.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

It not only could happen, it has. There are a number of cases in the medical literature, and people who exhibit the condition are called chimeras, from the mythical beast made of the parts of several real creatures. (Body of a dragon, claws of a lion, etc.) Some researchers now think that far more pregnancies start as twins in the early stage than we ever suspected, but that one twin "fails" and is absorbed into the surviving twin. Where the twins are identical, this makes no difference because both split from the same fertilized egg and their DNA is the same. But with fraternal twins you can end up with the DNA of the "vanished" twin expressing itself to some degree.

This has produced odd results in bone marrow and organ transplant cases where the donor material matched the blood DNA or biopsy sample that reflected the missing twin's genetic contribution.

CSI did an episode where a chimera was at the heart of an investigation where the investigation and all fhe forensics point to one suspect in a rape case - except for the DNA, which "clears" the suspect, but brings his brothers under suspicion, since the DNA collected from the victim's rape kit seems to indicate that the rapist is a close male relative of the suspect's. In fact because I had seen that episode of CSI, and later read up a bit on chimeras, I figured out that the kid was a chimera long before House and company did. :)

You can find information about chimeras, and "mosaics", here.

Regards,

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Not necessarily. A child conceived in vitro (it literally means "in glass") is just like any other child in most respects, except that the egg was fertilized outside the mother's body. I don't believe that chimeras are any more common with in vitro fertilization than with natural fertilization, and it was only the matter of chimerism that gave Houe the key to the case.

Regards,

Joe

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Alright, I realize that HTF comprises some great minds, but just how the hell do you guys know this stuff? ;)

Are you doctors in your spare time as a hobby that you just happen to know what In Vitro Fertalization is lol? ;)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
House made one of his typical casually racially inflammatory remarks saying that Foreman was playing the dozens and that Chase was at a cultural disadvantage. Chase tried to show that he could play the dozens in the more traditional sense, via a "yo mama" insult, and was about as humorously awkward as one could hope for from an actor staying in character.

Regards,

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood

There are enough children conceived with In Vitro these days that it probably didn't cross their minds that that might be some sort of issue.

I liked the House of the first episode, relying on the rush of making unfounded guess's and more "closeness" to the patient and families. I'm hoping that the issue in his leg is all set and he's just suffering some sort of set back by over exercising his leg. He needs to pull out his Gameboy to start thinking clearer I think. :)

Overall good episode, I'm glad it wasn't a dream episode, but that the kid legitimately thought he was being abducted and the ultimate finding was quite interesting. Especially with the jokes of Cuddy being pregnant. And yes the hiding the truth from House was annoying, I wonder if it was Wilson just trying to get some sort of control over House, more than House needed to be "humbled". The ramifications later will be interesting.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
One comment I thought about last night. Cuddy and Wilson seem to think that House needed to know he is not always right. But isn't House wrong many times, every episode? He is always wrong until the last guess. He throws out his guess then they find out it isn't right, so they go back to guessing again. So this season he isn't 2 and 0. He is actually something like 2 and 10. It just so happens that he stops guessing when he actually gets it right.

Marianne

Supporting Actor
Exactly, Scott. House always keeps going with his guesses until he is right. It is a dangerous game Cuddy and Wilson are playing to try to interrupt his process.

I also remembered the CSI Chimera episode and realized what was happening to the boy. I have to say it seemed a bit too simple to be able to remove the "twin's" cells in the way that they did in last night's show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks