What's new

HOLY SMOKES! The ONE Eddie Murphy DVD you have always wanted is COMING February 2007! (1 Viewer)

Charlie Kaus

Agent
This is MY house you don't like it you get the fuck out! I love this show. I couldn't wait to hear about the barbecue again so I went out and bought the cd Eddie Murphy Comedian tonight. This is going to be great to have on DVD!

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
This is incredible. I FINALLY get to retire the old VHS copy, which I must say is wearing mighty thin. I can't even begin to express how long I've wanted to own this on DVD. It's bar none the funniest stand-up act I've ever seen, even to this day. The first time I saw it was about 15 years ago and I remember literally falling off my chair with laughter. I'll definitely be amongst the first to pick this up. No question about it.

"And then a big brown shark came.".

Can't wait!!!!

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
I have seen parts of this, so very good news indeed

htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

AndrewWickliffe

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Wickliffe

I wonder if the reason will be timed with his DREAMGIRLS Oscar nomination... that might not work out so well.

Mathew B

Stunt Coordinator
Or what about "I have nightmares about gay people" and the following bit about Mr. T being gay?

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
I think the issue wasn't gay jokes per se (a lot of stuff wouldn't see release if no one could make gay jokes), but the ignorant misinformation about how AIDS might be transmitted. ("Then she comes home with their AIDS on her lips.")

But I'm looking forward to this release myself. ;)

Eric F

Screenwriter
It could be from Raw. I remember watching Raw over and over again on HBO in the '80s. Funny stuff. I'd rather see Raw than this one.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I think "Delirious" is far superior. Don't get me wrong. "Raw" was definitely funny, but when compared to "Delirious", I think many will tell you which is the funnier of the two. I see these two shows as night and day. As a standalone performance, "Raw" is great. But in my opinion, Murphy tried too hard to get laughs whereas with "Delrious", they came all too easy. There was a certain fluidity to his first show which just wasn't there the second time around. That's how I look at it anyway. For years, I've seen people quote "Delirious" left, right and center. The same can't be said for "Raw", except maybe "Have a coke and a smile and shut the **** up".

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Raw kind of fizzled, especially when he started in with that garbage about being so poor that they ate their toys. My favorite line in the whole thing was when the woman was berating her boyfriend for laughing at something, and he said, "Baby, that's just jokes!"

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
"Jermaine, stop teasing!"

Great special; I remember renting this at Blockbuster when I was eight or so and didn't understand most of the jokes; saw it a few years after and loved it.

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I have this on VHS, so I'm not sure if I want to buy the DVD yet. It'll depend on the price. It was hilarious when it first came out, hopefully it holds up after all these years.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Ah, Eddie back when he was knock down, drag out FUNNY. I miss those days and am so getting this.

Hey boy, hey boy! Ya look mighty cute in them jeans. Now come on over here...

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I paid 40 bucks for the LD a couple of years ago off Ebay. I didn't think this would get released. When I watched it then, I was rolling with laughter. It still holds up, in my opinion. Not sure I'll be getting the DVD. Depends on the production value, price, etc. as the LD is quite good. If it's in HD-DVD, then that would pursuade me more.

Brian-W

Screenwriter
I still laugh at the whole audience participation thing that Eddie broke up laughing too:

"Go rest your mouth" followed by "Shut up bitch"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks