What's new

Holy moly - 87 cent Parts Express drivers ROCK! (1 Viewer)

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
I just received my shipment of 8 drivers, put one (mono) in a flower pot, held it in with masking tape, and connected it to a old receiver with FM radio, and turned it on.

For 87 cents, it sounds great. There is some bass potential, especially with multiple drivers. The quality is very good for the price.

The ONE driver (again, mono in a flower pot right now), it goes loud, and very clean. In the sealed pot, the bass is very controled (so I won't blow it up)

The first thing I was on was a Mexican radio station, and some guy was requesting a song. You could hear he was on a bad telephone line, and there were people taking in the background - while you could clearly hear the DJ AND the music playing in the background.

I might order another 8 tonight so I have a matching set.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

Hmmm ... how many liters in size is that flower pot. Can you provide a chart of the bass sweeps for this beast? :D :D

Rick CH

Agent
Hey, that looks like something Bose would cook up: the Floralmass pot sattelite. Better patent it before Bose does ;)

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
I bet it would be fun to use sixteen per side for some nice line arrays. Pretty cheap array at that! Under $50. Haha!

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Id sure like to make a line array of these. Looking at the FR graphs leads me to think that they could be used without any XO at all. It looks like all they really need is a nice lowpass @ 15 or 16kHz. Looks like some nasty breakup, correct?

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Well, I am going to hit the 99 cent store on my way home from work tomorrow, and see what I can find. I will also look at Wal*Mart. Ideally, it will be something plastic or think cardboard I can cut with a carton cutter on a string, so a nail on a string (spin it round and round, then pop out the hole). This WILL be getto, and REALLY cheap.

I am thinking of doing 4 per cabinet for now, and just getting an array working so I can decide on the sound.

I think a pressure cooker would be bitchin, NO resonance, easy access, and if I generate too many dB's, the little rubber thing will blow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks