What's new

Have you ever bought a set cause of the price? (1 Viewer)

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
The huge Warner sale from a few years ago is what really got me into buying TV shows that normally I wouldn't have picked up at their original price. I wasn't going to pay $40 for Gilligan's Island or Wonder Woman. But at $17 a set plus Warners had the buy 6 get $50 back refund offer, I grabbed them all.

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will

I picked up seasons 1-4 of Smallville last fall at Walmart when they had each season for $14.88. Had been putting off getting the series and probably wouldn't have for a long time. Couldn't pass up that price though and I'm glad to say it was definitely worth it. I don't think I've ever gotten as much entertainment value for such a cheap price as that deal.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Ditto, blind buy on "Smallville" S1-S4 at the Black Friday sales last November.

Not a huge fan of Superman, but heard good things about the series and couldn't pass on that price (still haven't watched any, though :frowning: ).

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Amazon had a fantastic sale on the first four seasons of NewsRadio, a blind buy I'd long been meaning to pick up, so I capitalized on that a while back.

There are a lot of shows that I've waited until they went on a really good sale before I decided to buy them--Seinfeld, The King of Queens, Everybody Hates Chris, How I Met Your Mother...

bobraleigh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
bob
i found wb tough guy collection for 19.99 at bj's and couldn't believe it.

i had just seen it at borders for 59.99. snapped it up even though i was

shopping for perry mason season 2.

saw quincy seasons 1 and 2 for 19.99 at cc, but passed.

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I did the same thing and for the same reasons, I just hope it's worth the money. This is the only series that I bought just because of the price. I did buy the Smallville seasons because they were cheap but I had been thinking about buying them for some time before I did purchaes them and would have bought them eventually

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't planning on buying FRASIER on DVD but saw seasons 1-3 for about 16 a piece during deepdiscount.com's bit 20% off sale and decided to grab them.

Absolutely forgot how good the show was. I'm so happy for the sale otherwise I'd have forgotten this gem of a show.

I'm partially considering picking up Friday Night Light's: Season 1 because of the attractive price. I hear so many good things about it, but football has never really interested me (yes, I'm aware the show isn't strictly a football series).

I hadn't planned on buying MASH, but grabbed the complete series set for a low price. Same with TWILIGHT ZONE: The Complete Definitive collection.

If it's a TV on DVD show that dips below 20 I'll often consider it.

I enjoyed ROSWELL and DARK ANGEL when they aired on TV... but hadn't planned on paying 30-50 a piece per season. When they hit 15 a pop you'd better believe I grabbed 'em. ;)

Eve Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Oh yeah brought Sential for $11 still haven't broken the seal and debating weather I should just sell/trade it. Has for other series I am a tv addict. I remember when Gilmore Girls 1 came out. I was looking at deep discount and the pre-order was 39 something. I thought cool I could get rid of my tapes and enjoy it for less then $2 per episode. Now i won't touch a tv season unless $20 or under unless the series needs immediate support for future seasons such as night court or growing pains.

I have brought mult season set Alias, Buffy and Sex in the City but generally wait. I have plenty to watch and waiting has paid off. I ended up paying $11 each for most of Reba. Around $15 for my favorvite show The Pretender after season 1. The hard part is watching which is why am working on the tv show challege this year.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes

Ditto Here!:D I got Seasons 2 & 3 of Charmed this week because Target had em on sale!:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks