What's new

Directors Great Achievements in Civilization Draft (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I'll take ... speech
Interesting choice. Though I believe the ability to speak is more a product of evolution, what we've accomplished with it is amazing.

Anyway, I'll take one of the most important things in my life:

coffee (or rather the introduction of it as a beverage)

The answer to the last trivia question was Albert Einstein.

Here's another:

What 17-century style of architecture, art and music is considered the successor to Mannerism?

Evan is up.

On deck:

Eric
Dennis
Brian
Vickie

Simon_Lepine

Supporting Actor
I agree that speech might be considered a product of evolution...but then, pretty much everything man does is too isn't it? It's just that man's need are more evolved these days. Maybe language would be more appropriate..

Evan Case

Screenwriter
I'm not even really sure where to date this offhand, but whenever man realized that the things causing death and disease were not not Wraths of God, witchcraft, or evil spirits, but rather microscopic bacteria and viruses is my next choice.

Once the enemy was known, combating it could begin.

Evan

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Evan, according to the introduction in The Greatest Benefit to Mankind - A Medical History of Humanity:

From the 1860's, the rise of bacteriology, associated especially with Louis Pasteur in France and Robert Koch in Germany, established the role of microscopic pathogens. Almost for the first time in medicine, bacteriology led directly to dramatic new cures.
Good enough for me. Now I really need to find the time to read the sucker all the way through. :)

Eric is up.

On deck:

Dennis
Brian
Vickie

Eric_E

Supporting Actor
For my next pick, I choose the steam engine, one of the most important innovations of the Industrial Revolution. It ushered in an era of mechanical locomotion and paved the way for further technology such as the combustion engine.

Eric_E

Supporting Actor
Vickie, get out of my head - you've stolen three of my picks for your last three rounds! :) I had the internet (computer), flight, and the telephone on my list when I started the draft. You're the only one who's taken one, let alone three, of my choices. ;)

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Vickie, get out of my head - you've stolen three of my picks for your last three rounds! I had the internet (computer), flight, and the telephone on my list when I started the draft. You're the only one who's taken one, let alone three, of my choices.
It's that spooky Kansas City connection. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks