What's new

Glossary of Home Theater Terms - New and Improved! (1 Viewer)

KathySuz

Auditioning
This is really helpful, but I have a comment about the aesthetics. The blue text on the light marbled background is really difficult to read. I'm sure not everyone has a problem with it, but I get migraines and tend to be sensitive to stuff like that. But thanks for putting in all the work; i especially like that you've put in nuanced and descriptive terms, like "sparse" and "turgid."

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Good job on the glossary. Some minor errors:
"Q" does not link to the Q section.
"QAM" is not defined.

:)

Chris White

Second Unit
Oops. I sort of forgot about this thread. Thanks for the suggestions. I've added QAM, SSE, SDE, and RBE to the glossary. I also changed the text color to black. You're right Kathy, the blue text can be a bit hard on the eyes.

I was thinking about adding something on reference level, but can't seem to locate Maskeeper's tutorial.

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
They should put PMPO, I don't know what it means. :frowning:

jmcrabb

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
Maybe put the terms for different types of speakers in there. ie reference, bookshelf, etc. Some of them are self-explanatory, but it's nice to know for certain what they're meant to be used for and where.

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks