What's new

Ghost Whisperer (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
With that storm over the town square, I kept expecting to see Doc Brown and his weather experiments. "If you want to save your grandfather, get in the DeLorean!"

"Things are definitely changing out there." I think season two is being set up as an apocalyptic Stephen Kingesque battle between the dead and the living. Heh. Not really. I doubt if the show will ever go that dark.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Yes, that opening scene in the town square at the ceremony had this red-headed guy smiling like a Cheshire Cat and a man in a black hood standing behind him (thanks to the world of DVRs). Maybe a refuge from Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion? ;) I guess these were the "people who aren't happy about Melinda" that this week's ghost was talking about.

And it looks like the links from week to week are becoming more substantial. I believe the nurse (eyewitness) from this week's episode was in a cameo on an earlier episode but I can't place it exactly. While it's interesting it also means that it's a bit harder (but not impossible) to watch episodes out of order unless you are just willing to accept the earlier encounters as par for the course.

The show is still maintaining my interest longer than I thought it would and it's not just all about JLH's cleavage.

:laugh: :laugh:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I think the nurse was from the Mended Hearts episode. I think she helped Melinda get the name of the heart recipient. And, the hooded guy has shown up in several episodes now. He usually comes in at the end, and I don't think Melinda is yet aware of him--unless she finally saw him in Friday's episode. I can't remember.

Notice how Jim is basically walking on eggshells around Melinda now? She snapped his head off when he worried about her spending time with a murderous ghost, so now when she wants to go out in a rain storm, he's all, "Yeah, okay. I'll be here." He's getting to be like the husband in the Sally Forth comic strip. :D

Also, I might have already mentioned this, but do you notice how almost every ghost is scary and threatening when it first shows up, but then about midway through, it settles down and becomes sweet and reasonable? Even the little girl Melinda saw when she was a kid was introduced with wind noises and stingers and disturbing imagery. "I'm scary! I'm frightening! Okay, I'm a big, ol' teddy bear! But, union rules say I got to at least *try* to spook ya!"

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I think that Melinda is slowly starting to become aware that something dark is afoot, she gave an over-the-shoulder glance back in the closing seconds of Friday's ep that made her obviously uncomfortable, her ghost alarm was lit up like a Christmas tree in that shot.

And yep, I mentioed the ghost-starts-off-scary-and-turns-out-alright phenominon a few posts back with that kid who died in the car crash. I remember in one episode Melinda mentioned something to the effect of a ghost looking like it did when it first died until it gathers enough energy to look normal.

Like in the episode with the comedian who went off the bridge, he looked all blue and generally water-logged at first but then he slowly turned normal. Making them scary at first is, I think, the shows way of establishing their anger until they unexpectadly find someone (Melinda) who can see and hear them and allow them to express their individual circumstantial grief in a more productive way.

Remember, these people are dead, up until Melinda comes along to help they have had plenty of time alone and are adrift in the world, and they also have had plenty of time to stew in their juices if you will and become more and more pissed about what happened to them. Also, some of them believe that it's their only means to communicate, to spook the living until they are given voice by Melinda, because as the show has demonstrated they can effect the living world when they are angry.

Like in the episode with the illusionist at the carnival who drowned, at first he could only make his presance known by smuthering the air from the room.

Lasty, I think that one ghost even stated that very thing in one episode, it was the one where the guy was on life support and kept dying and being revived, at one point he made a pair of shoes jump out of the closet and land on the bed, he later said, I think, that he was just trying to get attention and that's the only way he could do that.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yeah, I'm not knocking it, but it is kind of funny. Well, I guess a show establishes its own rules, and it's good it sticks to them. Probably the creepiest one I can think of is the guy who was executed, and his shaking, hanging ghost kept appearing.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
That was a good one. Not only was it the first tearjerker in a while, but we got some major macro stuff that will finally lead to the reveal of the mystery shadow ghost. The next two episodes--which won't begin airing until two weeks from now, and are apparently the last two of the season--make up a two-parter. I'm looking forward to it.

For most of the episode, I thought Melinda's mother was happy because she could still see the ghosts but knew Melinda couldn't. It was kind of creepy when it was revealed that they were just totally gone.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Glad to see this thread is back - I had seen it when it first started up then lost track. Couldn't remember what forum I saw it on. Anyway I have been watching this show since day one and I like it a lot. Sorry for just chiming in with some redundancy but count me in as one who:

- Loves the story lines
- gets a little teary eyed
- worships JLH (everything about her is oh so fine in my book)

I am completely opposite - I love the opening montage! From the Terry Gilliam like "animation" to the haunting score (is that Cello?) I think it's awesome.

This show is one of my faves!!

Can't wait to see where the story line is headed with all the spirits "whisked away".

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I like the opening sequence a lot. Most shows can't be bothered to do an opening sequence, and this one is very creative. You notice that voice saying something like, "Hello? Hello?" at about the time it shows Melinda sitting with a boy?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
JLH was on Jay tonight. She's a pretty cool chick. The two part finale starts tomorrow. I usually watch the show later in the night, but I think I'm going to make a point to watch live tomorrow. I can't wait.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'm looking foreward to the two parter as well.:emoji_thumbsup: Although it will suck to see this season end, each ep has been a real treat to watch and I can't say that about many shows.

I just got around to catching the one from 2 weeks ago because I had accidentally deleted it, luckily a good friend of mine records it and she loaned it to me. :emoji_thumbsup:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Sometime over the past couple months, I sort of got out of the habit of watching this show. I wonder if I should watch the finale? Will it make any sense if I've missed the past 6-8 eps?

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Ok maybe I missed the post somehwhere...but...

Can someone please explain why at the end of several episodes Melinda sees the evil laughing guy and the dude in black with the hat?? What's up with that? Will we ever get a storyline about them??

The dude in the hat reminds me of that cheesy Halloween sequel #5?) where some guy dressed the same way breaks into jail and frees Michael...:)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Evil guy and hat dude are the subject of the two-parter. Except for that one common thread, which Melinda hasn't even really known about until last episode, I think it would be possible to drop in for the last two episodes without a problem. It would be helpful to have seen the most recently aired episode, but here's the main thing you need to know (which will probably be mentioned in a recap or in dialog):

A couple episodes ago, Melinda was told by a ghost that powerful spirits have taken note of her activities and are pissed off about it. Soon after that, she thought she lost her abilities, because she wasn't seeing any ghosts. It turns out the ghosts have been taken somewhere, but we don't know how or why yet.

John, glad you got to see it. Even though I said you could miss one, I know that was one you wouldn't have wanted to miss.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Thanks, Greg, I haven't missed a single ep yet and it was really bugging me that I missed one.

EDIT: It wasn't because I deleted it, it was because the RAM disc I had it on failed when I tried to play it, it was another show that I was thinking of that I mistakenly deleted. :b

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Suspensful and chaotic first part to the season finale, from that off-putting opening airiel fly-over of the town and the dove hitting Melinda's bedroom window to the army of recently deceased airline passengers walking confusingly into the town square to seek her out. One thing is certain, she's got her work cut out for her.

When I saw that shot, I switched into sarcastic Jerry Seinfeld mode and wanted to say out loud "Well, good luck with all THAT!" :D

What does it all mean, though, can Melinda now sense things that will happen before they do, or is this all merely connected to the spirit in black? I guess we'll all find out next week. :emoji_thumbsup:

Okay, I saved the most disturbing scene for last, one that I kept seeing over and over after it was shown, it was when Melinda saw that public bus drive by and it was full of pale-faced ghouls who all looked like that kid in The Grudge.
:frowning:

BTW, did anyone else notice that the bus used in that scene was an old leftover GM bus from Speed? It's number was 2525 the same as it was in Speed.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
My cheeseball HD DVR (Scientific Atlanta TiVO wannabe courtesy of Adelphia Cable) quit part way through the episode for no discernable reason. When I sat down to watch it this morning it went all the way through the show up to the point where Andrea calls her brother on her cell phone and leaves him a voice mail message. Arrrgh!

Can someone give me a quick recap of what happened after that point? (You might want to spoilerize it for the benefit of those who haven't had a chance to catch up on their DVR stuff. :) )

Thanks,

Joe

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Okay, Joseph, here we go...

Melinda was still trying to convince the airline that a plane was in distress but to no avail. After she hung up the phone she heard banging coming from the storeroom, when she investigated she was confronted with the ghost of one of the planes flight attendants who informed Melinda of what happened/happening on board and she told Melida which flight # it was and where it took off...it was Andrea's brother' flight.

After notifying Andrea, Andrea frantically ran out of the store to go to her brothers place in the city. Cut to Melinda's husband in the Ambulance with the rookie and he was questioning him about why he took this job if he was so squeamish, while they were talking, they heard a report on the radio of a plane that was coming down nearby.

Meanwhile back at the store, Melinda gets a call from her husband about the plane and that she should go outside and tell everyone to get inside quick, she runs outside just in time to see the massive jet fly right over the square! It crashes a few seconds later outside of town somewhere, shattering all the glass in the windows of the town square.

Her husbands ambulance shows up and he tells her to go back inside the store, then he calls in the crash to dispatch and he and the rookie head off towards the crash site to help out.

Then, Andrea comes back to the store shaken and crying and tells Melinda that she saw the plane crash right in front of her, Melinda then sees something outside, we don't see it at first, but then the camera cuts to the square where hundreds of ghosts, which are the ghosts of the planes passengers, are stumbling into the square, she goes out and walks up to them, they are led by the same flight attendant she had seen earlier, and the flight attendadnt says to Melinda "I know you can see us."

To be Continued

Sorry to say that you missed a pretty dramatic ending. :frowning:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
One other thing:

Andrea returned to the store just after the crash, saying she saw the crash, it came down right over her.

Some speculate based on Melinda's reaction to seeing her, and her description of the crash, that perhaps Andrea was killed and is appearing to Melinda as a ghost.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks