What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Ghost Whisperer (1 Viewer)

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Hope was played by Erica Leerhsen. You can find out a lot about her here. I also thought that she looked very familiar and now I see that she's been in a lot of stuff including Alias, The Sopranos, and several movies.

Ironically, she grew up in my home town and I probably saw her at some school functions during her high school years (my late wife was a teacher there for many, many years).

Small world.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Interesting that they ditched the whole crossover or "what's that light?" moment for both ghosts. That could have been two drinks! :)

The doctor's wife being a ghost was a surprise.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Actually, when I first saw the doctor's wife I was thinking that both she and the doctor were interacting like some of the people in The Sixth Sense and that it was quite possible that he was not aware of her presence.

And, on another note, I see that the tattooed madman who plays Manny Ruiz on General Hospital has carried the same personna over to this show. He even appears to be playing the same type of character. I guess that full body tattoos can lead to increased air time.

;)

Time will tell....

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
P.S.

The tattooed man is Robert Lasardo. You can see more about him here.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I didn't care that much for this week's episode. It seemed a little routine.

Following other posts this week naming other shows the actors appeared in, the nurse has had a recurring role on Night Stalker as a morgue worker.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Was it ever explained why the Jeep that Jennifer Love Hewitt drives in the show magically changed from a mid-90's Cherokee to a brand new Liberty? I realize they both are red so maybe we weren't supposed to notice but they look quite different. I've been watching the show since the first episode but I'm not always paying 100% attention to it.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Great ep this week, interesting that they brought her husband into the mystery by having the ghost attach himself to him.

And once again, another sad farewell, in fact this will be the last time that I mention the sadness of the show, it's sad every week and it's becoming redundant for me to mention it all the time. ;)

Lastly, it was nice to see Estella Warren again, even if her character was a bit shallow and wasted, she was still hot. :D

EDIT: A little trivia about Robert Lasardo, he starred in Wes Craven's Carnival of Souls which was the movie that Love was watching in the beginning of this weeks ep.

She scares easily, that movie sucked LOL!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Malcolm,
trust me, don't let what you saw fool you, the film is utterly abysmal, it can't begin to touch what the original was.

Check it out for yourself, you were warned, though. ;)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Estella was looking kind haggard and maybe a little larger than when we last saw her (I think for me that would be Burton's Planet of the Apes?). Her character's aunt at the end was pretty funny. And I'm not sure what the show was trying to say at the end with the doves.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I finally caught the pilot. It was good, and set up the series nicely. It is funny how one of the biggest elements of every story is Melinda having to convince the ghost's loved ones that she isn't crazy or trying to con them. I know it's absolutely necessary if we're going to ground the show in reality, but it becomes so routine. I don't have a solution, though.

I have last night's episode recorded, but I haven't watched it yet.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
While the premise for this week's episode was interersting and fairly well executed I found that this was one of the few episodes that didn't leave me misty-eyed at the end. Maybe I didn't just care too much about the main (guest) characters.

Other comments?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
While I really enjoyed this weeks ep, it wasn't one of the better ones.

First I have to mention this, Love was told to go find "the red glove" by the spirit, but did she tell her to read it?
Nope.

I thought that it was inappropriate for her to do that and that bothered me a little. I did get a little misty when the mother departed and the son said "Goodbye, mom.", that got me.

Also, I found it very odd that, given the nature of Love's REAL business, she wouldn't know what EVP was, hell even I know what EVP is and i've never set eyes on a ghost before. ;)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
MadTV did a funny sketch about Ghost Whisperer last night. Basically everyone got distracted by Melinda Gordon's boobs.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
John:

1) If she'd told her to read it there would not have been the same mystery/surprise about what it turned out to be. Everyone would have known that it wasn't the kind of glove you wear. 2) What else would you do with a story? And why else would the mother direct Melinda to it? The kid already knew what was in the story and where it was: He wrote it, and he hid it. So if the mother didn't intend for someone else to read the story, why direct Melinda to it at all? How could she know what the story meant and what part it played in their lives without reading it. For all Melinda knew it could have been a secret account of abuse at the hands of the mother and/or the father, or a confession that the kid had known about the affair and the lover's walks and set a deliberate trap to kill them. All she knew is the mother wanted her to find it and that wasn't enough to let her take the next step, not without reading the story. And, seriously, if the red glove had turned out to be a real glove with a key hidden in it, would you really have the same privacy concerns if Melidna found a locked box that the key fit and opened it? Besides, she was already snooping around in the kid's room without permission, why is reading the story somehow more of a violation of his privacy than rummaging around under this mattress in the first place? :D

Regards,

Joe

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I didn't get misty either. The farewell was rather abbreviated compared to others and the mama signal was pretty lo-fi ;).

Again, good to see Christine Baranski.

And umm...why is there still a humongous hole in the middle of the woods?

And the writers jacked up the fantasy quotient by having Melinda actually use a headache as a reason to HAVE sex. :D

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

The most abrupt one was the woman who's husband was grieving in Hope and Mercy. That was the start of this trio of lackluster episodes. The one last week (Wings of a Dove) was the best of the lot, but still not as good as earlier episodes.

The EVP effect was kind of creepy at first, but it quickly became annoying. It was nice seeing Dan Lauria again, but he wasn't given too much to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks