What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

GAME (2 of 3): Guess An Upcoming Twilight Time Release (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
John Doe said:
F.I.S.T (1978)

?
It is written by Joe. It is MGM/UA. Remember there is more than MGM/UA to choose from. Being this is Joe's first writing gig, it would be pretty hard for him to "come again." So no. I hope TT does consider it though.

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
BPullen said:
Clue 2: Joe Eszterhas comes again.
Well, if we take that clue literally, it would seem to suggest Basic Instinct 2 :P

But since that title is already available on Sony Blu-ray, that would not be my guess.

Naturally, I'm going to go w-a-y out on a limb on this...Costa-Gavras' Betrayed.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Guys please remember the rules...only one guess per day per member.

Thank You

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
ROclockCK said:
Well, if we take that clue literally, it would seem to suggest Basic Instinct 2 :P

But since that title is already available on Sony Blu-ray, that would not be my guess.

Naturally, I'm going to go w-a-y out on a limb on this...Costa-Gavras' Betrayed.
I already chose the 2nd Costa-Gavras' collaboration in the Music Box...he did say "comes again"...

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
schan1269 said:
Music Box (if not this one, I'll add it to my little known region B thread)
It fits clue #2. Or does it? We'll see what the next clue brings. Keep asking questions.

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
schan1269 said:
I already chose the 2nd Costa-Gavras' collaboration in the Music Box...he did say "comes again"...
But Bruce's clue was "Joe" comes again, not Costa, although I see your point Sam.

I was going by Eszterhas' sole writing credit for both story and screenplay, but evidently can't count without some coffee in me...Betrayed was actually his third solo-penned film.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
ROclockCK said:

Are you sure you don't want to guess Basic Instinct 2 (2006)? :DAs for Betrayed (1988), it is from one of the companies. It is Joe "coming again" depending on how you read it. This can fit Clue #2. I can't say any more. Keep digging.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
SWFF said:
Is it JADE (1995)?
Good one. I like the way you think. The problem is Jade (1995) is Paramount. "That is no-go Houston."

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
BPullen said:
Good one. I like the way you think. The problem is Jade (1995) is Paramount. "That is no-go Houston."
Nnnnnoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! Was hoping for the UNCUT version on blu. Didn't even think to check the studio on that one. D'oh!

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Rob W said:
Showgirls
It does fit Clue #2. Possibly. The second time with Verhoeven. It is an MGM/UA. Sadly or gladly, Showgirls (1995) is already out on Blu-Ray. TT doesn't repeat Region A releases.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
John Doe said:
Jagged Edge
Jagged Edge (1985) is written by Eszterhas. It isn't "his" first rodeo. Edge stays in the lines for Clue #2. Or can you...? Image released a Blu of this in 2011. Like I said, TT doesn't repeat prior releases in the States.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Tough one. I currently have no guesses or questions now, just flollowing.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Matt Hough said:
Do Not Disturb.
Nice. Very nice. This does fit the "looking glass" of the first clue. Yet a question was raised, though not answered, that... Back to Disturb, it meshes with Clue #1. I will tell you more tomorrow. Also read everything I've written. Stay tuned. :)

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
To anyone who hasn't yet, do ask questions. A Shot in the Dark (1964) is better than nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks