What's new

GAME (2 of 3): Guess An Upcoming Twilight Time Release (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

GUESS AN UPCOMING TWILIGHT TIME RELEASE

At the request of the HTF membership, Twilight Time has given us 3 exclusive, unannounced titles to reveal in three separate games.
Each game will be run by an HTF member who I have entrusted to give very obscure clues -- probably far better than I could do myself.
The idea is to keep each of these games running as long as possible. Thus, the hope is that this will be challenging for everyone involved.

Here is how it will work. Read the rules carefully.

1. Our guest Game Master will start with a clue about the upcoming Twilight Time Release. Each day one new clue will be posted.
2. Members can have ONE GUESS PER DAY and can ask ONE QUESTION PER DAY. Please keep discussion minimal. All we want to see are guesses and/or additional question.
3. ONE question will be picked per day day and answered. In addition, each day, a new clue will be provided.
Repeat Steps 2 and 3 each day until someone guesses correctly.
4. No questions will be answered on lead actor, genre or year of release. These questions make it too easy to guess. We want you guys to come up with creative questions.
5. You must be a member for over a month to participate. Any guesses made by newer members will be immediately erased by the moderator without exception. Any answers by someone who blitzkriegs several answers will be immediately deleted without comment or explanation.

ANYONE WHO POSTS MORE THAN ONE QUESTION OR ANSWER WILL HAVE THEIR POST REMOVED.
Our Thanks to Twilight Time for allowing us to play these games and providing us with exclusive announcements.

And Now...
..Introducing...
The Game Master of this Round....
BPullen (Bruce)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
In case you did not read the rules...here is a capsulized summary...

1. ONE QUESTION and ONE GUESS PER DAY.

A NEW CLUE AND AN ANSWER TO 1 SELECTED QUESTION WILL ARRIVE EACH DAY.

2. YOU MUST BE A MEMBER HERE FOR A MONTH BEFORE YOU CAN PARTICIPATE

Anyone who violates those rules will have their posts removed and you risk having your membership removed.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Hello everyone. Here is the clue.

The Grant of the 20th has a cameo of sorts.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
schan1269 said:
Donovan's Reef
Donovan's Reef (1963) is a Paramount. TT currently options from three companies. Sony, 20th Century Fox, and MGM/UA titles.Nope.

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
BPullen said:
Hello everyone. Here is the clue.

The Grant of the 20th has a cameo of sorts.
No questions pop to mind other than "Say what???", so I might as well go for broke on this one...

I'm guessing that the "Grant" in your clue refers to "Cary", and his "cameo of sorts" is as himself, Archie Leach, as played by Bert Convy in Dore Schary and Moss Hart's Act One.

EDIT: D'oh...should have confirmed via the IMDb before posting. Act One is Warners. :(

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
ROclockCK said:
No questions pop to mind other than "Say what???", so I might as well go for broke on this one...

I'm guessing that the "Grant" in your clue refers to "Cary", and his "cameo of sorts" is as himself, Archie Leach, as played by Bert Convy in Dore Schary and Moss Hart's Act One.

EDIT: D'oh...should have confirmed via the IMDb before posting. Act One is Warners. :(
I had the same idea...except I didn't know if the MGM/Paramount/CIC arrangement meant DR was Paramount...MGM or what....

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
ROclockCK said:

Great try Rock! No it is not Act One (1963). First as you say it is a Warners. Second, keep it mind we have keen movie minds here. I'd suggest you ask a question. Remember rule #4. As they say in Jeopardy, "be careful how you phrase it."

classicscaper

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jacob
If this title-to-be was placed on a shelf alongside all other Twilight Time blu-ray releases organized by style and genre, between which two titles would it best fit?

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Since Donovan's Reef has already been guessed, the "of sorts" makes me think of Cary Grants appearance backstage at the end of "Elvis: Thats The Way It Is."

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
sleroi said:
Since Donovan's Reef has already been guessed, the "of sorts" makes me think of Cary Grants appearance backstage at the end of "Elvis: Thats The Way It Is."
This is an MGM. It does fit the clue. Or does it? Stay tuned for the next clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks