What's new

GAME (2 of 3): Guess An Upcoming Twilight Time Release (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Eerik Paal said:
People Will Talk (Joseph L. Mankiewicz, 1951)
Good guess. With Grant having top billing, is this a cameo? Sadly... no.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
BPullen said:
This is an MGM. It does fit the clue. Or does it? Stay tuned for the next clue.
Wouldn't Warners hold rights to that MGM film? It was the first one I thought of with a Grant cameo, but I didn't guess it because I assumed it was Warners-controlled..

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
dana martin said:
am I to assume, its an actual "cameo" and not used footage like Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid ?
Is this a question or are you guessing Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid (1982)?

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
BPullen said:
Hello everyone. Here is the clue.

The Grant of the 20th has a cameo of sorts.
great way to start this by the way, had it not already been released and we were discussing Columbia/Sony this would have been Sleepless in Seattle, ie footage from Affair to Remember..... Grant 20th

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Matt Hough said:
Wouldn't Warners hold rights to that MGM film? It was the first one I thought of with a Grant cameo, but I didn't guess it because I assumed it was Warners-controlled..
Mr. Hough.The film I referenced is an MGM/UA title. For the purposes of discussing MGM/UA films, I shortened it under the understanding that all TT titles are either Sony, 20th Century Fox, MGM/UA as of January, and soon the Film4 films from Protagonist Pictures. Any pre-1986 MGM title would indeed be part of the Warner library. Apologies for any confusion. From now on, I will state MGM/UA in my answers. Thanks.

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
BPullen said:
Mr. Hough.The film I referenced is an MGM/UA title. For the purposes of discussing MGM/UA films, I shortened it under the understanding that all TT titles are either Sony, 20th Century Fox, MGM/UA as of January, and soon the Film4 films from Protagonist Pictures. Any pre-1986 MGM title would indeed be part of the Warner library. Apologies for any confusion. From now on, I will state MGM/UA in my answers. Thanks.
After double checking, Mr. Hough is correct. This is a MGM. So yes, it is a Warners property as you thought. So as they say, "Another One Bites the Dust."

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
FYI. The next clue and answer to one question will be at the same time as yesterday. I plan to also consolidate all unanswered questions and post those as well. The goal is to keep this going as long as possible. Thanks again to all of you.

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby
Was any member of the film's cast ever a guest on The Muppet Show?

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
The question chosen was asked by David Weicker.
David Weicker said:
Since my guess is wrong, here is my question.

Does it involve cross-dressing?
No, but there could be a disgruntled “gentle” man.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
I'm completely lost, but just for the sake of guessing something....My Favorite Wife (1940) with Cary Grant and Irene Dunne. I told you I was lost!

My question is: Does Cary Grant star in this film?

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
Here are all the unanswered questions. Feel free to re-ask. Your choice.Schan1269:

“I know you won't answer till noon.Was the interpretation of the clue correct?”ROclockCK:

“Okay then..."If this 'movie' was an 'animal', what would it be?"classicscaper:

“If this title-to-be was placed on a shelf alongside all other Twilight Time blu-ray releases organized by style and genre, between which two titles would it best fit?”

dana martin:"am I to assume, its an actual "cameo" and not used footage like Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid ?”

Colby:“Was any member of the film's cast ever a guest on The Muppet Show?”

BPullen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce Pullen
benbess said:
I'm completely lost, but just for the sake of guessing something....My Favorite Wife (1940) with Cary Grant and Irene Dunne. I told you I was lost!

My question is: Does Cary Grant star in this film?
To answer your guess, no it is not My Favorite Wife (1940). Maybe one day Warner will oblige us. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks