What's new

Friday the 13th: The Series: Season 3 (1 Viewer)

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I just watched one of the season 1 episodes. I never did see it during its original run. But I am really enjoying it now.

Duane Alford

Second Unit
Three seasons and three releases. The way it should be. I'll look forward to picking it up and finishing up the series.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
After a longer wait compared to the one for the Season 2 set, finally Season 3 has been announced. Now hopefully the second season of Tales from the Darkside will be announced by CBS/Paramount. You'd think both Season 3 of Friday the 13th: The Series and Season 2 of Tales from the Darkside would be released on the same day, like CBS/Paramount did with Seasons 2 and 1 of Friday the 13th: The Series and Tales from the Darkside respectively earlier this year.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I ended up picking up season 3 at Best Buy their price was 39.99 but I had them match the walmart "price" (they seem to always do a online search for the price and then macth that I think about 33.86 ish)

So Now I have all three seasons of the show.

Oddly enough I am still on the first season set haha.

Looking forward to more Tales from the Darkside eps though.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
My copy of the Season 3 set was shipped a few days ago, but I have a feeling it will be delayed by customs.

Will be interested to see a HTF review of the third season set.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I'm curious - how has the video quality been for the last two seasons, and did they ever restore the original "narrative" opening? I bought Season One but was so disenchanted with it that I never made it past the first three or four episodes.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ The episodes look better than the early S1 episodes but, since the show was edited on video, it's never going to look good. Except for the S3 premiere, the "Louis Vendredi made a deal..." openings are still gone.

On the plus side, S3 does have the commercials for most of the episodes.

EDIT: For those worried about edits, I finished the set and all of the hour long episodes have run 45:55 (give or take a couple seconds) and the two hour season opener seems to run the proper running time as well. The back cover says that there are episode promos for select episodes and only episodes 10, 12, 16 and 18 are missing their commercials.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks