What's new

Follow That Dream widescreen? (1 Viewer)

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Does any one know if the upcoming MGM/UA release of this Elvis film is in the original widescreen aspect ratio? Theatrically, it was presented in 2.35 Panavision, but I read somewhere that this new DVD is pan and scan. I have the old laser disc and that is in the original format.

Thanks for the information!

Bob

Jeffrey

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Bob....

"Follow That Dream" was originally slated to street earlier this month, but was delayed (to May 11th, I believe) in order to be released with it's full 2:35 aspect ratio intact. Not sure about this, but the Judy Garland film "I Could Go On Singing" (also shot in 2:35) was due to be released on the same day, but fans went beserk over its proposed pan/scan treatment and went as far to contact MGM to voice their displeasure...so I think this definitely came into play as far as FTD being pushed back as well.

Hope this helps,

Jeffrey

PS-Love your book on Abbott & Costello too, Bob; occupys a prime spot on my pop culture shelf.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Thanks very much Jeffrey, I'm glad you enjoyed our efforts!

That's good news about the film being 2.35 on the DVD. A friend used to have a faded 35mm print from the original theatrical release, and it was great to see the full image on the big screen.

Jeffrey

Stunt Coordinator
Looks like it will be a two sider with widescreen/full frame as well.

Jeffrey

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
So this means that the studio actually delayed the release in order to go back and do the right thing and present the film in its correct OAR? Very cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks