What's new

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Music, mayhem, and mystery surround Elvis’ European romp in Double Trouble.

Double Trouble (1967)

Released: 05 Apr 1967
Rated: Not Rated
Runtime: 91 min

Director: Norman Taurog
Genre: Comedy, Crime, Drama

Cast: Elvis Presley, Annette Day, John Williams
Writer(s): Jo Heims, Marc Brandel

Plot: When singer Guy Lambert goes on tour in Europe, he is pursued by two beautiful women, bumbling jewel thieves, and a mysterious killer.

IMDB rating: 5.1
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information

Studio: MGM
Distributed By: Warner Archive
Video Resolution: 1080P/AVC

Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
Audio: English 2.0 DTS-HDMA

Subtitles: English SDH
Rating: Not...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkVader

Second Unit
Real Name
Carlos
Yvonne Romain was married to the great Leslie Bricusse. She's gone on record that she dislikes this film and I can see why. You'd have to be a hard-core Elvis fan to appreciate it and I'm sure they do and this Blu-ray release.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Yvonne Romain was married to the great Leslie Bricusse. She's gone on record that she dislikes this film and I can see why. You'd have to be a hard-core Elvis fan to appreciate it and I'm sure they do and this Blu-ray release.
I'm a hard core Yvonne Romain fan and I'm buying this disc!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm not a hard-core Elvis fan, but I have it on pre-order.

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
Matt, Thanks for another excellent, fair and well-balanced review. As with Robert, I'm not a hard-core Elvis fan, but will order this to support the Archive. When I was younger I used to hate MGM's pop musicals from the 60s compared to their classic musicals of the 30s through the 50s, but as I've gotten older I've come to appreciate them much more. And especially since WBMPI does such a great job of restoration, these releases are much more enjoyable.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Does anyone know if this is still on track for November 1st? I have a delivery update of November 9th and MovieZyng doesn't even have this listed yet.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Watched this past weekend and LOVED IT! Had a blast watching it. On another forum, someone mentioned the "politically correct" reviews going around. I haven't read the reviews to be honest. The plot of the movie IMO can't really be reviewed. If you're into Elvis movies, you know what you're going to get. It's the reason we love them so much. They're just unabashedly fun and do a great job of taking us out of reality. This comes from a time when movies were fantasy. The plots were not meant to be realistic. Movies were simply fun. We weren't always looking for Oscar-worthy storytelling or Marvel special effects to dazzle us. Neither do a thing for me to this day. I'd rather watch something prior to all the seriousness that cheers me up and makes me feel good. Elvis movies, Doris Day movies, they always do that for me! To each his own. This is just my opinion.
As far as "Double Trouble" goes with regards to this bluray, it has never looked so good! Even the London fog is sharp. LOL The songs were a hell of a good time and even though the scenes were shot on Hollywood sets, they were still colorful and fun. I haven't got a bad thing to say about it. Bring on more Elvis movies to bluray!

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
Watched this past weekend and LOVED IT! Had a blast watching it. On another forum, someone mentioned the "politically correct" reviews going around. I haven't read the reviews to be honest. The plot of the movie IMO can't really be reviewed. If you're into Elvis movies, you know what you're going to get. It's the reason we love them so much. They're just unabashedly fun and do a great job of taking us out of reality. This comes from a time when movies were fantasy. The plots were not meant to be realistic. Movies were simply fun. We weren't always looking for Oscar-worthy storytelling or Marvel special effects to dazzle us. Neither do a thing for me to this day. I'd rather watch something prior to all the seriousness that cheers me up and makes me feel good. Elvis movies, Doris Day movies, they always do that for me! To each his own. This is just my opinion.
As far as "Double Trouble" goes with regards to this bluray, it has never looked so good! Even the London fog is sharp. LOL The songs were a hell of a good time and even though the scenes were shot on Hollywood sets, they were still colorful and fun. I haven't got a bad thing to say about it. Bring on more Elvis movies to bluray!

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
I think 1967 was the last year you got this kind of movie. There might be a few rare exceptions in the next two years but they were very rare.

Broomy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matthew
Forgive me bumping this thread but could someone tell me what aspect ratio the two Tom and Jerrys are on this and Spinout?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks