What's new

Flags of our Fathers "sharper" on Blu (1 Viewer)

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member

They are caps directly from the sources. Sequences of the film have a bluish tint. Have you seen the film?

I'm beginning to think if I said "the sky is blue" you'd disagree simply because I said it. ("No, it's black! I'm looking outside my window and it's night!")

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
So how many of us ordered or went and picked up Flags Of Our Fathers this week? :)....I hope to have this one arrive soon. A very good film.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
It was delivered today from Amazon, along with Letters. I thought they were not released until next week, so it was a pleasant surprise.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
106" of HD glory:) .

I will probably get around to viewing them later this week. I am currently recovering from an all-nighter (Matrix, POC and POC2) and my eyes need a little rest.:laugh: I will post my opinons later.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
htf_images_smilies_chatter.gif

blah blah blah.

netflix just sent me both pirates and flags plus iwo jima.

blu-ray.

sometime the next day or so will be very nice!!

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

Again Peter you can't tell me how these screen captures were taken or who took them. We have no idea if they even know what they are doing. I'm not saying you are wrong....I'm saying that to take these at face value is naive.

No I haven't seen Traffic. It didn't interest me.

Doug

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Doug,
Or biased ;) If one wants to continue looking at only one side of an argument all he will hear is one hand clapping.
I sampled the BR disc. It's pretty stellar. Super high bitrate(not that I think it matters). Decent AQ but not lossless.

I hope to watch the entire thing this weekend along with Letters.

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member
ANYWAY:

Picked up this film, Letters From Iwo Jima, both Pirates of the Carribean films, and Apocalypto. All are stellar, some better than others of course (ow my wallet).

Just disappointed that of all these, Flags is the only one without lossless audio. The TrueHD on it's companion (Iwo Jima) makes it stick out like a sore thumb. C'mon Paramount!

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
I finely got the chance to watch this last night and wow! What a great movie. I can't say enough about Eastwood. The man just doesn't make bad movies. The photography was gritty and real. The sound design was as good as it gets. Probably one of the best movies I've ever heard. These combined with really fine performances by the actors. :emoji_thumbsup:

Doug

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Paramount releases don't. So far, Paramount hasn't put a lossless track, uncompressed or otherwise, on any of their releases. All their tracks on BD have been lossy DD(+).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks