1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

First Wave on DVD?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Mark Talmadge, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Well-Known Member

Has anyone heard anything about this series being released to DVD anytime soon? I'm more than interested in getting this series on DVD.

2. John*D

John*D Well-Known Member

3. Jeff#

Jeff# Well-Known Member

First Wave was bascially a modernized reworking of the old Quinn Martin series about aliens appearing in human form: The Invaders, although creator / executive Producer Chris Brancato says he never saw that old show.

4. RogerH

RogerH Well-Known Member

This was a very good show. Which actually had a conclusion although they could have went on.

5. Jeff#

Jeff# Well-Known Member

It ended in an over the top manner with Cade and his friends overcoming the Gua -- driving what's left of them to leave Earth.

First Wave was an entertaining show, but 3 years was more than enough. The addition of Traci Lords in the last season turned out to be a plus, and the writers got to do a lot with her character. Ironically 3 of the 4 leads were all good-looking people. The oddball in the bunch was conspiracy theorist Eddie.

This series was never a major hit -- at least not here in the USA. In its native Canada, First Wave was well received and the Canadians saw episodes on their Space Channel before our Sci-Fi Channel finally aired them months later. I was fortunate enough to deal with a woman in Canada who taped some of the later shows for me so I could watch them early.

Low ratings are ultimately what killed it, which is why Brancato and his writers went the happy ending route.

6. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Well-Known Member

Id buy it if it was release on DVD. I watched it during its last run in scifi repeats. Havent seen it since.

7. JohnAP

JohnAP Well-Known Member

I remember I used to watch it when it was first on scifi, debuting alongside Farscape. I don't think I saw any of the last two seasons though. Might be nice to catch up.

8. nikkif99uk

nikkif99uk Well-Known Member

Any news on this show, would love to own it on dvd

9. nikkif99uk

nikkif99uk Well-Known Member

Who actually owns the rights to First Wave?