What's new

First Wave on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone heard anything about this series being released to DVD anytime soon? I'm more than interested in getting this series on DVD.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
First Wave was bascially a modernized reworking of the old Quinn Martin series about aliens appearing in human form: The Invaders, although creator / executive Producer Chris Brancato says he never saw that old show.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
This was a very good show. Which actually had a conclusion although they could have went on.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
It ended in an over the top manner with Cade and his friends overcoming the Gua -- driving what's left of them to leave Earth.

First Wave was an entertaining show, but 3 years was more than enough. The addition of Traci Lords in the last season turned out to be a plus, and the writers got to do a lot with her character. Ironically 3 of the 4 leads were all good-looking people. The oddball in the bunch was conspiracy theorist Eddie.

This series was never a major hit -- at least not here in the USA. In its native Canada, First Wave was well received and the Canadians saw episodes on their Space Channel before our Sci-Fi Channel finally aired them months later. I was fortunate enough to deal with a woman in Canada who taped some of the later shows for me so I could watch them early.

Low ratings are ultimately what killed it, which is why Brancato and his writers went the happy ending route.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Id buy it if it was release on DVD. I watched it during its last run in scifi repeats. Havent seen it since.

JohnAP

Second Unit
I remember I used to watch it when it was first on scifi, debuting alongside Farscape. I don't think I saw any of the last two seasons though. Might be nice to catch up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks