What's new

First Look: Alien Anthology Sideshow Collectible (1 Viewer)

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Has anyone received this from FoxConnect yet? I placed my order back in July and paid extra for expedited shipping so I was thinking it would arrive on or near the street date but so far I have heard nothing from FoxConnect and my card has yet to be charged (aside from the rather unfortunate incident with a charge approval back in July). Perhaps I'm just being impatient or perhaps I've been spoiled by the prompt shipments I typically receive from Amazon, even using their free shipping option.

I've not yet contacted FoxConnect for a status update but will do so tonight when I have access to my order number (I foolishly selected the "Check Out as Guest" option, thinking it would reduce the amount of spam I would receive so I can now not check my order status without e-mailing them). Again, maybe it's just me being impatient.

dlbsyst

Agent
Real Name
Will Brand
I ordered mine through Google check-out. Got a shipping confirmation e-mail last Friday but no tracking number.

I called Foxconnect yesterday and got a UPS tracking number. I just checked earlier and it shows out for delivery. Can't wait. I would call Foxconnect for a status on you order if I was you. Doesn't sound like your order has even shipped out. I hope I am wrong.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Speak of the devil! Not 30 minutes after my previous post, I received my package from FoxConnect.

How very strange that they haven't yet charged me for it...

dlbsyst

Agent
Real Name
Will Brand
Congrats. Mine probably wont arrive until about 6:00 pm tonight.( Plus I have to work the evening shift. It's ok though. Gives me something to look forward too when I get off.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Received mine today -- though it's not

really mine -- ordered it for a friend.

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
The set also comes with a $50 gift card for sideshowcollectibles.com. Nice touch.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I ordered mine from the Fox booth at Comic-Con - it did not arrive today, but I have my alien fingers crossed that it will be here tomorrow. I couldn't check my order online at FoxConnect since I did not order through the site, but as they say, keep hope alive!

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Mine arrived today too. The egg looks great, but I am disappointed that the discs are packed in an according style box and not the package that the standard set comes in. I suppose this is because that package is probably too big to fit into the egg. I'm no fan of accordion style boxes, but I like the egg.

This is a busy time for me and will probably not watch any of the movies till after Halloween. I did Watch Alien through when Brett meets the Alien. When the opening credits came up, I went "Ooh, that looks good." Great image quality and I was taking particular note of the color and clarity in the last scenes I watched while Brett was searching for Jonesy. The skin tones on Brett's face were superb.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Johnny,

I am sorely tempted to put the discs in a multi-case for Blu-rays for simple ease of access and leave the original

packaging inside the base of the egg. But, I do love the egg. [/url]

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Originally Posted by Mark Walker

BTW, I thought earlier photos indicated that much of the egg glowed when lit, but in mine it is bright only where the egg "opens" at the top. There is only a very minor glow outside of that area. I was surprised it came preloaded with a battery and that it requires a screwdriver to open the battery case.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Johnny,

I actually REALLY like that it glows the most where the egg would open. Makes it seem less "night lite" like to me.

For Blu-ray cases,

I have ordered from this vendor in the past

("Thanks!" to a fellow HTFer who originally posting about them when DVD multi-cases were hard to come by.),

and I am sure I will be quite happy with these:

http://www.genesysdtp.com/index.htm?bluray.htm

https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/

Real Name
Ivan
Hey guys.. it's been a while since I've been on here.. got my Egg on Tuesday the 26th with the count number of 2400/5000. I will do my best to post pictures of the egg in the case I made very soon but the two look wonderful! it seems like they came from the same place lol..

FrancisP

Screenwriter
Fox Connect has a sale on this. Per site Fox Connect page for this item: Enter coupon ALIENEGG on cart page to buy for $99! Limit one use per customer. Limited Time Offer, will expire soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks