Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Okay....for those that have some time
on their hands....

Here are a few of my favorite Bugs Bunny
cartoons (descriptions w/o titles). Are
they being included in the 4-disc release?

* The one with the big hairy Monster that
Bugs encounters, ends up doing his hair and
nails, and then in the end shows him the
viewing audience as the Monster screams, "PEOPLE?!"

* Bugs playing baseball. At the end Bugs
argues with the Umpire as the Statue of Libery
gets involved in the argument.

* Bugs finds himself on a ship with Yosemite
Sam. There's a whole routine involving Bugs
lighting dynamite and Yosemite trying to put
it out. This may also be the episode where
Bugs does his "Mr. Christian" routine/impression.

* Bugs meets up with the two french chefs
who wish to make a rabbit stew, but instead,
Bugs throws them in the pot, as the chefs sing
and prepare themselves to be stewed.

* Bugs Bunny in Sherwood Forrest (This I believe
will be included on the Errol Flynn ROBIN HOOD DVD)

* Bugs Bunny meets baby Finster, a big-time
crook in a small body.

* Bugs Bunny meets the ultra-dumb vulture.
At one point the vulture crash lands in a stack
of bones and thinks he is dead. Contains the
vulture song, "My mama told me to go get some
dinner"

* Bugs Bunny at the Oscars, trying to drum up
some support of his own. In the end, Bugs does
tons of impressions and the Audiance lets him
have it!

* Bugs Bunny meets the little Gremlin, who is
pounding away (I think) with a sledgehammer at
a bomb. (very fuzzy on this one)

It's been decades since I have seen Bugs Bunny,
but these are the ones that still stand out in
my mind.

If anyone has time on their hands and wants to
name these titles and note if they are on the first
upcoming set, it would be kind of cool.

In fact, if anyone has other favorite Bugs
cartooons they don't know the name of but want
to describe (and stir up some memories in the
process) please go ahead and describe them. We
can then determine if they are in the first
upcoming set,

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
LONG HAIRED HARE
Found a description of that episode from John's link. It's on Disc #1. I love that one!

Bugs' folk music bothers the great opera singer Giovanni Jones, as he try's to rehearse. While Jones wins an early victory against Bugs, it is Bugs who ends up with the upper hand in his performance that night.

*GASP* "Leopold!" :D

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor
Since the link above only identifies certain cartoons, I'll try to answer Ron's questions which I know the answers to.

Q:The one with the big hairy Monster that
Bugs encounters, ends up doing his hair and
nails, and then in the end shows him the
viewing audience as the Monster screams, "PEOPLE?!"

A:HAIR RAISING-HARE (Yes it's on the DVD)

Q: Bugs playing baseball. At the end Bugs
argues with the Umpire as the Statue of Libery
gets involved in the argument.

A: BASEBALL BUGS (Yes, it's on the DVD)

Q: Bugs finds himself on a ship with Yosemite
Sam. There's a whole routine involving Bugs
lighting dynamite and Yosemite trying to put
it out. This may also be the episode where
Bugs does his "Mr. Christian" routine/impression.

A: I'm not certain. There are several cartoons like this.
It could be CAPTAIN HAREBLOWER or BUCCANEER BUNNY or RABBITSON CRUSOE. There are a few with Bugs & Sam on a ship.

Q: Bugs meets up with the two french chefs
who wish to make a rabbit stew, but instead,
Bugs throws them in the pot, as the chefs sing
and prepare themselves to be stewed.

A: That's FRENCH RABBIT (not coming on the first set of DVDs)

Q: Bugs Bunny in Sherwood Forrest (This I believe
will be included on the Errol Flynn ROBIN HOOD DVD)

A: That's RABBIT HOOD & is coming on the ROBIN HOOD DVD for sure. I don't know about this LT set.

Q: Bugs Bunny meets baby Finster, a big-time
crook in a small body.

A: That's BABY BUGGY BUNNY (I don't think it's on this first DVD)

Q: Bugs Bunny meets the ultra-dumb vulture.
At one point the vulture crash lands in a stack
of bones and thinks he is dead. Contains the
vulture song, "My mama told me to go get some
dinner"

A: That's BUGS BUNNY GETS THE BOID (It's on the DVD and it's als coming as part of 'A NIGHT AT THE MOVIES' on YANKEE DOODLE DANDY since it's a 1942 cartoon)

Q: Bugs Bunny at the Oscars, trying to drum up
some support of his own. In the end, Bugs does
tons of impressions and the Audiance lets him
have it!

A: That's WHAT'S COOKIN', DOC?, and I don't think it's on this first DVD set

Q: Bugs Bunny meets the little Gremlin, who is
pounding away (I think) with a sledgehammer at
a bomb. (very fuzzy on this one)

A: That's FALLING HARE (and I don't think it's on this first DVD set either)

JulianK

Supporting Actor
Bugs fans should own a copy of Joe Adamson's book Bugs Bunny - Fifty Years and Only One Grey Hare, a very nicely-illustrated history of Bugs.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Ron, from the list at animatedbliss.com these are the ones I recognized from your request (and they list only half of the promised cartoons):

In fact, if anyone has other favorite Bugs
cartooons they don't know the name of but want
to describe (and stir up some memories in the
process) please go ahead and describe them. We
can then determine if they are in the first
upcoming set
From the info listed at animatedbliss.com:

Disc 1 (8/14 promised, plus 2 bonus):

- Rabbit Seasoning (1952) (Daffy and Bugs fight over the role of target for Elmer Fudd)
- Long Haired Hare (1949) (When a bully of an Opera singer attacks Bugs Bunny and destroys his instruments without a good reason, Bugs plans a devastating retaliation)
- High Diving Hare (1949) (When a high diver pulls a no show for a show, a disappointed Yosemite Sam tries to force show barker Bugs Bunny to do it instead)
- Bully for Bugs (1953) (Bugs burrows into the middle of a bullring and suddenly becomes the bullfighter)
- What's Up Doc? (1950) (Bugs' showbiz career is recounted from babyhood to stardom. Bugs and Elmer Fudd perform the title song)
- Rabbit's Kin (1952) (Bugs rescues a young rabbit from Pete Puma and gives lessons on how to heckle)
- Big Top Bunny (1951) (Bugs is the star of Kolonel Korney World and Russian acrobat hear Bruno is jealous)
- Wabbit Twouble (1941) (Elmer Fudd expects to find 'peace and wewaxation" during his visit to Jellostone National Park)
- Fifty Years of Bugs Bunny in 3 1/2 Minutes (1989)
- Blooper Bunny (1991) (A "behind the scenes" look at the making of "The Bugs Bunny 51st and a Half Anniversary Spectacular" complete with shakey camera and a variety of "outtakes" from stars Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Elmer Fudd, and Yosemite Sam)

Disc 2 (6/14 promised):

- Duck Amuck (1953) (The short-tempered Daffy Duck must improvise madly as the backgrounds, his costumes, the soundtrack, even his physical form, shifts and changes at the whim of the animator)
- Drip-Along Daffy (1951) (Daffy Duck plays a western hero, but things don't go as he hoped in a one horse town)
- The Scarlet Pumpernickel (1950) (Daffy tries to sell movie studio head J.L. his script for a swashbuckler set in Merry Olde England, a plot involving a maiden in distress, a scheming Chamberlain, an evil Grand Duke and a dashing masked hero (to be played by Daffy, of course).)
- The Wearing of the Grin (1951) (Spending the night in an old Irish castle, Porky is put on trial by two leprechauns who suspect him of trying to steal their gold. His sentence: wear the magic green shoes which keep him dancing a jig)
- Duck Dodgers in the 24½th Century (1953) (Space hero Daffy battles Marvin the Martian for control of Planet X)
- Rabbit Fire (1951) (Daffy Duck and Bugs argue back and forth whether it is duck season or rabbit season. The object of their arguments is hunter Elmer Fudd)

Disc 3 (9/14 promised, plus 1 bonus):

- Fast and Furry-ous (1949) (In their first appearance in a Warner Bros. cartoon, the Coyote (Carnivorous vulgaris) and The Road Runner (Accelerati incredibulis) launch their neverending series of chases through the desert, and The Coyote begins his relationship with the Acme Corporation in his quest for the perfect Road Runner-catching device)
- Hair-Raising Hare (1946) (A sneaker-wearing, hairy monster chases Bugs through a castle belonging to evil scientist Peter Lorre)
- Haredevil Hare (1948) (Bugs is tricked into being the first rabbit shot into space. When he lands on the moon he finds Commander X-2 (later known as Marvin Martian) set to blow up planet Earth)
- For Scent-imental Reasons (1949) (Pepe Le Peu chases a female cat in a perfume shop until she turns the tables on him)
- Bugs Bunny Gets the Boid (1942) (Mama Buzzard wants her children to learn to bring back meat for dinner. One buzzardling is shy and has to be kicked out of the nest. He's told to at least bring back a rabbit)
- Feed the Kitty (1952) (A bulldog, charmed by a kitten, tries to keep her hidden from his human guardian)
- Bugs Bunny and the Three Bears (1944) (The bears tempt Goldilocks with carrot soup, the scent of which brings Bugs on the scene. Bugs romances Mama bear and she becomes infatuated with him)
- Baton Bunny (1959) (Bugs conducts the Warner Brothers Symphony in Suppe's "Morning, Noon, and Night in Vienna" while reacting to a bothersome fly)
- Toonheads: The Lost Cartoons (2000) (A treasure trove of "lost" animation from Warner Bros., this documentary includes Bugs Bunny, many of the Looney Tunes gang and many others in rare and never-before-seen clips )
- The Hypo-Chondri-Cat (1950) (Those crazy mice Hubie & Bertie are at it again with Claude. This time the mice see that Claude is seriously ill, so they give him an operation)

Disc 4 (8/14 promised, plus 1 bonus):

- Tweety's S.O.S.(1951) (Sylvester Cat stows away aboard a seagoing passenger liner to try and catch Tweety Bird, who is guarded by his mistress, Granny. Sylvester becomes seasick and runs to the sickbay for a remedy. Tweety mixes nitro into the medicine before Sylvester drinks it. When Granny hits Sylvester with her broom, he is blown sky-high)
- The Foghorn Leghorn (1948) (Little Henery the Chicken Hawk wants to prove he's big enough to hunt chickens, but he doesn't know what a chicken is. He labels Foghorn Leghorn a loud-mouthed shnook and dismisses him, prompting Foggy to indignantly try to prove he's a chicken and therefore fit to be Henery's prey)
- Canary Row (1950) (Sylvester Cat spots Tweety Bird in a San Fransisco apartment and tries to gain access but cannot make it past Granny or the cat-hating desk clerk)
- Devil May Hare (1954) (Bugs finds the Tasmanian Devil in his encyclopedia just as the animal threatens to devour him)
- Canned Fued (1951) (Sylvester Cat finds that his people have gone on vacation and left him alone in a locked house with a large stash of canned food in a cupboard. Sylvester needs a can opener, or he'll starve. And a pesky mouse has the only can opener in the house and torments Sylvester into trying more and more desperate measures to obtain it)
- Speedy Gonzales (1955) (Starving Mexican mice want access to a cheese factory guarded by Sylvester Cat and send for Speedy Gonzales, the fastest mouse in all Mexico, to breeze past Sylvester and obtain the cheese for them)
- Putty Tat Trouble (1951) (Tweety Bird is shoveling out his nest atop a city pole after a snowstorm and is spotted by Sylvester Cat and a one-eyed orange tabby, who fight over Tweety)
- A Broken Leghorn (1959) (On Old MacDonald's farm, an egg hatches in slow-witted hen Miss Prissy's nest, and out of the shell comes a baby rooster. Fearing he will be replaced by the kid rooster and sent to be slaughtered, Foghorn Leghorn plots to do away with the little tyke)
- Bosko the Talk-Ink Kid (1929) (Harman/Ising Demo Reel After leaving Mintz Studios)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Roger and Brandon,

You guys are incredible.

Thanks so much for taking the time to not only
answer those inquiries of mine, but to put up
a descriptive list of the contained cartoons.

THANKS!

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Im just glad Warner was kind enough to have an option for a 2 discer, they could have easily gone the route of releasing only the big 4 discer, so bigtime kudos to them, but if a brick and mortar store has this for at least 25 dollars off retail , then 4 discer i will get.

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
This is great news! And thanks for the expertise, fellas. Can anybody tell me the name of the Bugs cartoon that features an Edward G. Robinson like gangster? That's one of the all-time greats, and I'm hoping it's included in the 1st wave. I'm also hoping 2 of my other faves are upcoming. One of them is the one where Bugs gets PO'd because the bounty for a rabbit is 25 cents, and he then proceeds to destroy America. The other one is the one in the movie theater, where he ends up sitting in the nosebleeds. "Pahdon me, 'scuse me, pahdon me," etc. There's so many more I could name, and I WANT 'EM ALL!!

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Is that the Edward G. Robinson cartoon, where he ends up being arrested and saying "Just get me away from that crazy rabbitt"?

I love that cartoon.

"You can't get me Coppers!"

------
I also love the cartoon where Bogart wants something to eat (Either Rabbitt or Duck) and they do their best to get him to eat something else.

------

I also want one of the cartoons with Peter Lorre.

---------

Oh heck, I want them all!!

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
What was the title of the one with the drunk music note which kept disrupting a performance of The Blue Danube?

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
I also want one of the cartoons with Peter Lorre.
Lorre's in Racketeer Rabbit as Robinson's lackey.

I just hope the "Hunting Trilogy" with Bugs and Daffy and Elmer are included, the greatest Looney Tunes cartoons ever.

"You wanna shoot me now, or wait till you get home?"
"SHOOT HIM NOW! SHOOT HIM NOW!"
"You keep out of this, he doesn't have to shoot you now."

:D

WillG

Senior HTF Member
"One of them is the one where Bugs gets PO'd because the bounty for a rabbit is 25 cents, and he then proceeds to destroy America."

Good call, wondering about that one myself. I believe it was called "Rebel Rabbit" I remember laughing at Bugs whacking somebody over the head with a club, if I recall correctly

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
I also love the cartoon where Bogart wants something to eat (Either Rabbit or Duck) and they do their best to get him to eat something else.
If memory serves me correctly, it's actually Bogarts date thats wants the rabbit. And at the end Bogart says "I guess baby will have to settle for a ham sandwich" to which Bugs replies "If its rabbit baby wants, Its rabbit baby gets" and jumps in between 2 slices of bread.

If I got that correct, that ain't bad considering I haven't seen that one in oh......10-15 years. Stands out as one of my favorites tho.

Can't wait for 10/28/2003. :D :D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks