What's new

Favorite Cameos in a movie? (2 Viewers)

Jacob McCraw

Stunt Coordinator
Bobby Knight in "Anger Management" was great.

"The Player" was chock full of them, but I especially liked Bruce Willis and Julia Roberts.

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
In Back to te Future when Marty McFly's band is auditioning to play the prom, they're playing a cover of "The Power of Love" by Huey Lewis. The committee chair that says, "you're just too darn loud" is none other than Huey Lewis, himself! :laugh:

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor
I also loved Patrick Stewart's hilarious cameo in "L.A. Story". His much shorter appearance in "Robin Hood: Men In Tights" was cute too. Other previously mentioned cameos that I enjoyed were the Charlton Heston cameo in Wayne's World 2, and the other cartoon characters in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". It was nice to see Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and Daffy Duck in that movie, and it makes me happy to know that the movie gave Mel Blanc the chance to do the voice of a Looney Tunes character in at least one theatrical feature. The cameo appearance of Sesame Street characters at the wedding in "The Muppets Take Manhattan" made me happy too.

Josh.C

Second Unit
I'm surprised I haven't seen Tarentino's name on any of the comments above. He is notorious for having cameo's in his movie's.

Some of my favorites:

Ben Stiller and Tim Robbins in the fight scene in Anchor Man
-also Jack Black punting Baxter off the bridge. "That's how I roll" (Hillarious)

Maybe the best ever- Billy Crystal in The Princess Bride, "Have Fun Storming the Castle"

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

No, you're actually incorrect. "Jackie Brown" was released in '97 and "Out of Sight" was in '98.

"Out of Sight" wasn't released until 7 months after "Jackie Brown", so they were released pretty close but there's no denying that Keaton did "JB" first. It was the Weinsteins that let Universal use the character for free, I doubt it would have worked the other way around.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
I liked the Bob Hope cameo in the original "Muppet Movie" ... which was, in essence, a "Road" movie.

Speaking of Pulp Fiction, how 'bout the Samuel L. Jackson cameo in "Kill Bill" as an organ player? Talk about having your train of thought disrupted!

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer

I stand corrected -- how stupid of me. He was only in a couple of scenes in Out of Sight.

Jackie Brown came out in '97 -- where has the time gone? Wow, do I feel old right now.

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
My favorite was the Connery one in Robin Hood. They hid that so well!

Another one people have not yet mentioned was Christian Slater in Star Trek 6: The Undiscovered Country as a random crew member on the Excelsior.

Andy

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
This was an easy one for me: Julie Newmar in To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar. That one was the cherry on the sundae.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
“E.T.’s” in “Star Wars Episode 1 the Phantom Menace” chapter 29 DVD region 2

The Pod from "2001: A Space Odyssey" “Star Wars Episode 1 the Phantom Menace” chapter 14 DVD region 2

Vic_T

Stunt Coordinator

Scorsese also apeared in After Hours. He was a light operator in the night club.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I think Scorsese makes an appearance in at least 80% of his movies or so, whether it's an actual physical appearance or a voiceover.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks