1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    XenForo Template

79765_front.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.  

2. Joseph Bolus

Joseph Bolus Well-Known Member

So ... Does anybody know if there is anything new regarding this 15th Anniversary Release or is it just a repackaging of the previous Blu-ray release?

The previous release was just an upconvert from the PAL broadcast masters, since it was stated at the time that the 35 mm prints could not be found.

3. Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin Well-Known Member
    Reviewer

Todd Erwin
    Nothing new, except for a comic book insert. Check out my review.

4. smithbrad

smithbrad Well-Known Member

Brad
    I could be wrong, but my recollection is that they went the upconvert route because of the cost to redo all the SFX's in HD. This was the case with Star Trek TNG where they filmed the series, but transferred it to an SD format before the SFX's were added. Due to the marketability of Star Trek and the Paramount budget they can afford to redo all the SFX's, but Farscape has neither. I believe Babylon 5 is in the same situation. For those in the NTSC market that can't support PAL this should provide some additional detail, as well as the reduced compression afforded.