What's new

Pre-Order Farscape: The Complete Series (25th Anniversary Edition) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81aT11id7hL._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
eca92689-1ed0-412b-a1c5-c02a1011bc91.jpg
PREPARE FOR STARBURST!

FARSCAPE: THE COMPLETE SERIES (25THANNIVERSARY EDITION)
ARRIVING ON BLU-RAY™ FROM SHOUT! STUDIOS
ON NOVEMBER 21, 2023

Includes All 88 Episodes + “The Peacekeeper Wars” Miniseries + Hours of Bonus Features!​
9a45cb12-ee26-480e-b313-7d1ca6fa5398.jpg
Los Angeles, CA – Shout! Studios has announced that Farscape: The Complete Series (25thAnniversary Edition) will be arriving on Blu-ray™ on November 21, 2023. The set is available now for pre-order at ShoutFactory.com, Amazon.com, and other retailers. ShoutFactory.comwill be offering exclusive bundles (details below).

The definitive release of the hit cult classic sci-fi TV series, the 22-disc set includes all 88 episodes from the show’s 4 seasons, the Emmy®-nominated 2-part miniseries The Peacekeeper Wars as well as previously existing extras and the NEW “A Look Back At Farscape” with Executive Producer Brian Henson and series creator/writer Rockne O’Bannon, hosted by Adam Savage.

John Crichton. Astronaut. Flung through a wormhole and lost in a galaxy far from home. He finds himself in the middle of a prison break, surrounded by hostile aliens, soaring through space inside a glorious living spaceship called Moya. Hunted by the relentless Peacekeepers, he allies himself with his unimaginably alien fellow refugees and searches for a way home.

So begins the epic sci-fi classic Farscape. A fusion of live-action, state-of-the-art puppetry, prosthetics and CGI, Farscape features mind-boggling alien lifeforms, dazzling special effects, edge-of-your-seat thrills, irreverent humor and unforgettable characters — all brought to life by the creative minds at Jim Henson’s Creature Shop™. No wonder it’s been called the most imaginative sci-fi series in television history.

ShoutFactory.com has an exclusive offer available containing the following items:
· Farscape: The Complete Series (25th Anniversary Edition) 22 Blu-ray set packaged in a rigid slipcase
· An exclusive, limited edition 18” x 24” rolled poster — made exclusively for this promotion — featuring a newly illustrated design by artist Joe Corroney (final artwork to be revealed)
· A set of three 2.5” x 3.5” retro prism stickers, featuring artwork by Matthew Skiff (this will ship in a stay-flat folded cardboard sleeve)

Plus, ShoutFactory.com and Gutter Garbs have teamed up to bring you the official Farscape Collectible Enamel Pin Set, exclusive to ShoutFactory.com and limited to 500 units.
· Set includes 5 hard enamel pins
· Each pin measures 1.5” to 2” high
· Set includes a backer card, which measures approximately 6” x 5”, housed in a custom keepsake box, which measures approximately 7” x 6”
· Art by Matthew Skiff

SPECIAL FEATURES

· NEW “A Look Back At Farscape” With Executive Producer Brian Henson And Series Creator/Writer Rockne O’Bannon, Hosted By Adam Savage
· 30 Audio Commentaries
· “Memories Of Moya” Retrospective Documentary
· Seven Archival Featurettes & Documentaries
o “In The Beginning: A Look Back With Brian Henson”
o “Making Of A Space Opera”
o “Farscape Undressed”
o Composer Guy Gross Discusses The Season Three Theme
o Season 3: A Look Back
o “Zhaan Forever” With Virginia Hey
o “Farscape: The Story So Far”
· Three “Inside Farscape” Featurettes
o “Villains”
o “Visual Effects”
o “Save Farscape”
· Twelve “Listening In With Composer Guy Gross” Featurettes
o “The Way We Weren’t”
o “My Three Crichtons”
o “The Locket”
o “Die Me, Dichotomy”
o “Eat Me”
o “Revenging Angel”
o “The Choice”
o “Into The Lion’s Den, Part II: Wolf In Sheep’s Clothing”
o “Crichton Kicks”
o “John Quixote”
o “Terra Firma”
o “Bad Timing”
· Deleted Scenes, Director’s Cut Scenes, And An Alternate Version Of The Season Two Premiere
· Behind-The-Scenes Interviews With The Characters, Cast, And Creative Team Of Farscape
o Jonathan Hardy
o Lani John Topu
o David Franklin
o Claudia Black
o Anthony Simcoe
o Ben Browder
o Wayne Pygram
o Gigi Edgley
o Rebecca Riggs
o Paul Goddard
· Video Profiles
o Creator/Executive Producer Rockne O’Bannon
o Executive Producer/Writer David Kemper
· Season 2 Bloopers
· Original TV Promos​

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
At least The Peacekeeper Wars is included. Is this a (unlikely) new transfer from the (presumed lost) original film or the same upscaled PAL transfers from the 15th Anniversary edition?

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I checked Shout's listing on their site to discover this *does* apparently have SDH so that's a plus. No mention if The Peacekeeper Wars includes the "International cut" of the title.

The *two* box-o-junk versions are quite a bit more expensive than the base release. The one with the poster and stickers is $65 more than the base release and the one with the poster, stickers, and pins is $125 more than the base release. The base release is currently $176 directly from Shout! with Amazon's listing currently showing the MSRP of $220.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
My guess is that the discs will use the same masters as the A&E, Cinedigm, and Sony sets.

Shout's press release says that this set includes 30 commentaries, which is the same number of commentaries that were on the three previous BD sets (from A&E, Cinedigm, and Sony). Which is unfortunate, as there were 10 commentaries recorded for the Australian DVDs that weren't included in any US releases: 3 of them appeared on UK DVDs, but the other 7 are Oz-only, and of those 7, 4 of them are the only commentaries anywhere for their respective episodes.

I believe that these 10 commentaries are in the Via Vision BD releases. I still need to get their Complete Series set.

Frankly, outside of the swag and one feature -- <<NEW “A Look Back At Farscape” With Executive Producer Brian Henson And Series Creator/Writer Rockne O’Bannon, Hosted By Adam Savage>> -- there doesn't appear to be anything in this set that hasn't appeared in any of the previous Complete Series sets. Well, there's The Peacekeeper Wars, which was in the Sony set, but not the two sets before that.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
FYI the 15th Anniversary blu ray is still available at Amazon and Walmart for $90 as opposed to this new set which is selling for $220 as of this writing. Per the HTF review the 15th Anniversary set discs were identical to the original blu ray release from 2 years prior.

For those who are region free this set includes the Peacekeepers Wars for $140

Last edited:

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
FYI the 15th Anniversary blu ray is still available at Amazon and Walmart for $90 as opposed to this new set which is selling for $220 as of this writing. Per the HTF review the 15th Anniversary set discs were identical to the original blu ray release from 2 years prior.

Both of those sets were, for all practical purposes, released by the same people. The initial set was released (in 2011) by A&E Home Video. New Video was their distributor (pretty much from the beginning of A&E's foray into home video). New Video was later bought by Cinedigm, who was the label of record for the second (2013) release.

Sony's (2019) release had only one significant difference. It sequenced the first half-dozen or so episodes in the wrong order. They followed the order as originally aired by the Sci-Fi Channel, while the previous two sets followed the production (also intended) order.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
How does the content of this release align with that of the 20th anniversary release from Sony?

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Posting as "Jack" - I asked on Shout's product page about the transfer. Here's their answer:
We are using the masters provided to us by The Henson Company. The audio has been properly pitch corrected.
So based on the "properly pitch corrected" comment this is the upscale PAL video all the others use with the audio "fixed." Frankly - I've never noticed anything odd about the audio but I also didn't watch it live though *do* own, and have watched several times, the 2nd, improved, Starburst DVD releases as well as the 15th Anniversary BR release (which I've only partially watched at this point - but it sounds fine).

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
How does the content of this release align with that of the 20th anniversary release from Sony?
Without hauling out the set from wherever it is at the moment and checking it against Shout!'s press release, I'm reasonably sure that all of the special features are the same -- other than the feature "A Look Back at Farscape", which Shout! flags as "New". I imagine that Henson supplied everything whichever label was releasing the set at the time. The only thing that the Sony set added that the previous ones didn't have was The Peacekeeper Wars. And even then, they left out a couple of TPW-related extras that were on the German release of that mini-series.

Baenwort

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cee
I presume that if they had used some of the newer upscaling tech that has come out lately they would shout about it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks