What's new

Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

79765_front.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
So ... Does anybody know if there is anything new regarding this 15th Anniversary Release or is it just a repackaging of the previous Blu-ray release?

The previous release was just an upconvert from the PAL broadcast masters, since it was stated at the time that the 35 mm prints could not be found.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Joseph Bolus said:
The previous release was just an upconvert from the PAL broadcast masters, since it was stated at the time that the 35 mm prints could not be found.
I could be wrong, but my recollection is that they went the upconvert route because of the cost to redo all the SFX's in HD. This was the case with Star Trek TNG where they filmed the series, but transferred it to an SD format before the SFX's were added. Due to the marketability of Star Trek and the Paramount budget they can afford to redo all the SFX's, but Farscape has neither. I believe Babylon 5 is in the same situation. For those in the NTSC market that can't support PAL this should provide some additional detail, as well as the reduced compression afforded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks