1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

ENTERPRISE renewed (all discussion here please!)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Steve_Pannell, May 19, 2004.

1. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Well, I gave it up in stages - no episodes where B&B had a writing credit, then (after "Damage") none at all. As to why it took so long, I readily admit to being easily seduced by good production values, and they would, on occasion, do a nifty "first steps into space" episode. I'm not sure how frequenty the above-average stuff has to come to make putting up with the rest worthwhile.

There's also a whole ton of inertia - Star Trek was dependably good for 30+ years, so for the past five since DS9's cancellation, fans have had a tendency to say, hey, it's Star Trek, so this is just a rough patch. It's taken us a while to realize that with burnt-out Berman and Braga at the helm, the "rough patch" is the new norm and quality television is the exception.

2. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

A new report on Trekweb discusses the move to 9:00pm Friday nights. UPN programming executive Dawn Ostroff is quoted as saying the Friday night timeslot is the place The X-Files came into prominance, just as many here have already stated. This quote was made during the UPN presentation.

She went on to say that the recent flood of mail urging the network for renewal of Enteprise shows them that the Star Trek franchise is still going strong with a large loyal audience that will follow it to it's new friday night time. I know many here will strongly disagree with that or plan not to watch it.

There is no official indication as to who the creative staff will be. My guess is that Berman and Braga will still be around for some capacity, but I bet they will be less involved, like Roddenberry was during the later TOS film series.

3. Garrett Adams

Garrett Adams Supporting Actor

Not only that show. A few minutes after he died on Enterprise his body was warped back to Washington, DC in order to take a meeting on the West Wing. Marvelous thing the recuperative power of television.

4. Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner Screenwriter

Andrew,

I can't speak for anyone else, but I am always optimistic that new writers can be hired, or the existing writers can motivate themselves to come up with something better. To be fair, season 3 was an improvement over the first 2 seasons, but not enough of an improvement for me to be satisfied.

Unlike liver and onions, I have always loved Star Trek, and I consider the weak writing on Enterprise to be an exception, rather than the rule.

5. AndreGB

AndreGB Stunt Coordinator

Ouch! That hurt. [​IMG]

I'm also a Star Trek fan and I have to admit I like Enterprise more because of the characters than the plot, although season 3 was just amazing, in my humble opinion.

In a way Enty is giving me right what I want to see, a great production, more space (and space fight) sequences and a saga plot. I really don't have any complaints. [​IMG]

Anyway, most of you would kill me but I have to admit I didn't like TOS, I wasn't even born at that time. My Trek history begins with the Borg on TNG.

6. Vern Sharp

Vern Sharp Extra

Okay back to the "hot chicks on trek" theme. You're stranded on the old desert island and you have to choose between 7 of 9 and T Pol. Can I get a vote please?

I choose T Pol[​IMG]

7. Rob Gardiner

Vern,

I select Dr. Helen Noel (Dagger of the Mind) as a write-in candidate.

8. Dewitte

Dewitte Stunt Coordinator

Vern wrote in Post 46:

I'll remain alone on that alone and dream of Ensign Samantha Wildman from Voyager.

De

9. KyleC

KyleC Supporting Actor

Without a doubt the sexiest woman in all of Trek, Terry Farrell (Jadzia). [​IMG]

10. andrew markworthy

Can you 'audition' them both first - say for several months each so you can be really certain of your choice? [​IMG]

11. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Chalk one more up for Jadzia Dax.

12. Vern Sharp

Vern Sharp Extra

So many choices aren't there?[​IMG]

13. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    I dug Sarina, the formerly catatonic member of the Jack Pack. In my version of season eight, Sarina would return from her self-imposed exile and there'd be some tension in the Sarina-Bashir-Ezri triangle.

14. Don S

Don S Stunt Coordinator

T'Pol

15. Will_B

Will_B Producer

T'Pol. But then again, 7 of 9 could be used as a floatation device to get off the island.

(So could T'Pol, but hers aren't as obvious)

16. Garrett Adams

Garrett Adams Supporting Actor

I spoke too soon. Last night Stephen Culp's JAG character (Webb) died. Two recurring roles of an actor being killed off in the same week during the season finales. That's got to be a television first. Wouldn't be surprised if Culp had greater work load coming up this fall season.

17. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

Of just those two? Probably 7 of 9. T'Pol creeps me out a little bit.

Of anyone? I'll be different and pick Ezri Dax. She's just so damn cute.

Jason

18. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

Nicole deBoer is on The Dead Zone, which is starting its third season in two weeks.

19. Rob Gardiner

I wish I hadn't taken the bait in post #47 above. [​IMG] If Berman & Braga see this thread, they'll think more hot women is what the show needs in order to improve!

20. Dave Miller

Dave Miller Supporting Actor

Technically, he was just killed off in the same week. Enterprise's season finale is this week. But I agree this may be a TV first. Is there any way we can research this?

Peace,

DM