What's new

ENTERPRISE renewed (all discussion here please!) (1 Viewer)

Bill Williams

Screenwriter

Actually, Peter David had been contacted to be a contributing writer to ENTERPRISE, but he stated on his official blog site that he didn't want to commute out to California to do the job.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Thanks for all the info Bill. Federation wasnt bad all the way through but the payoff was not good. If I remember right, the crews never actually got to meet which was dissapointing to me since I always wished they could. In Gerations, Picard got to meet Kirk but it would have been much better if it has actually been written to incorporated the old crew and the new crew. Don't you think?

Wow, so Peter David was asked? I love Imzadi, Q Squared and his other Trek books.

On the subject of Next Generation, has anyone heard that Michelle Forbes who played Ro Laren is going to be in a new genre TV show based on a comic book called Global Frequency?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Yep, though I think she prefers being called "Michelle Forbes from Homicide". :) Haven't read it, but I'm sort of wondering how it'll work as a TV series, since the comic had new protagonists every issue.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Back to the budget cutbacks... I read in Starlog (I believe it was) that the show has always been shot using high definition video cameras rather than using film cameras (at what video resolution I don't know). It always looked different than "filmed" TV shows IMHO.

Yet now they say they're using HD cameras for the upcoming season in order to lower the budget.

Who's to be believed?

I've always wondered how they would show ST NG, DS9, and Voyager on high definition discs (HD-DVD or Blu-Ray) since the shows were filmed in 35mm with Panavision cameras/lenses (easily beating out any current video format for resolution), but the effects work was done at 480 NTSC resolution (or close to it) in order to shave the effects budget. Will Paramount shell out the bucks to re-render and re-composite the effects shots of all the newer TV episodes to 1920x1080p in order to match the high def. re-transferred film footage?

Hmmm...

I still think the show needs to say buh-buy to B&B who have been the albatrosses around Star Trek's neck for so long and hire some new, fresh sci-fi writers.

Enterprise is so blah. I'm not talking about not enough T&A and explosions. That's been B&B's answer for their lack of decent scripts and sagging ratings all along. What I am saying is that without having a reason to care for these characters in the first place the show should be scrapped or totally re-tooled.

Why can't there be real drama without such forced, wooden dialog? It can't just be only the acting.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

I'll drink to that. I hope B&B give the new writer Cotto and Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens can breathe some life into this...IF they are not given too many constraints to work against. As Ron Moore always said, they would shoot down most things that were original and the only reason they were given no constraints during DS9 is because B&B were busy creating Voyager.
They need to allow them to do what they want to do and keep their hands off.
I truely believe that an announcement , and the reality of, these two leaving or letting the other writers take charge, might actually bring back people who aren't watching regularly (like myself) and give the show a chance again.
B&B are bad PR for the show!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks