What's new

Empire (1963 TV series) on Youtube (1 Viewer)

jperez

Second Unit
Real Name
jorge perez
As far as I know, there has always been 20 episodes of the 1963-64 TV series 'Empire' available on the collectors market, most of them in black and white although the series was in color. The series -starring Richard Egan, but costarring Ryan O'Neal and Charles Bronson- was a great modern western that lasted only one season of 34 episodes, including the pilot. The big news, at least for me, is that someone has posted an episode, guest starring Keir Dullea, on Youtube, that isn't available in the collectors market. Here it can be seen in full.

Bert Greene

Screenwriter
I always liked this series, and had hoped it would make it to DVD. The old CBN network used to run it on Sunday afternoons back around 1987. Decent color prints, although not restored. I taped most of them. The sequel series, "Redigo" was not part of the package, unfortunately.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Only reason I can think as to why anyone would have these in black and white is that whoever is offering them anywhere, they are dubbed down so many generations that the color vanished. That will happen when you are talking about 5th generation VHS. Haven't checked recently but I think I might be missing a couple of them. CBN did run it all the way through at least once, although they were pretty severely cut.

jperez

Second Unit
Real Name
jorge perez
In my set I do have several in color, but most are in B & W. And the image is not so washed out as to seem that it has had too many generations. My guess is that some episodes could be taped (or filmed) originally from Canadian TV. Apparently they came to color transmissions somewhat later and were forced to transmit in B & W some American TV shows that were already in color. For example, being a baseball fan, I know that there are collectors copies of all the seven games of the 1965 World Series, dubbed from Canadian TV. It's unnerving seeing at the beginning the announcement that the game is being transmitted "in full color" by NBC, and then watching it in B & W.
Apparently Canadian TV did a better job in saving some of these vintage shows o games, than the American counterparts.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
True, I have a copy of a Canadian broadcast of Super Bowl 4 between the Minnesota Vikings and Kansas City Chiefs, in B&W.

MsClassic

Auditioning
Real Name
Elizabeth
I always liked this series, and had hoped it would make it to DVD. The old CBN network used to run it on Sunday afternoons back around 1987. Decent color prints, although not restored. I taped most of them. The sequel series, "Redigo" was not part of the package, unfortunately.
I’ve been looking for the episode “Season of Growth” from season 1 (episode 21) for a while now. I’m a huge fan of Pat Conway of the Tombstone Territory series & he was the guest star in that episode. Is there any way you could post it on YouTube or tell me where I could find a copy? Any help would be appreciated!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I’ve been looking for the episode “Season of Growth” from season 1 (episode 21) for a while now. I’m a huge fan of Pat Conway of the Tombstone Territory series & he was the guest star in that episode. Is there any way you could post it on YouTube or tell me where I could find a copy? Any help would be appreciated!
Find someone who recorded them on CBN and hope you have something worthwhile to trade.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks