1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

DVD on a Budget, Best players around $150 or less?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Jacob Rohrer, May 3, 2004.

1. Jacob Rohrer

Jacob Rohrer Agent

Mom has decided she wants a DVD player for Mothers Day. While I am pretty well informed on high end players, I know very little on the low end budget players, so I was hoping for a few suggestions.

It will be hooked up to an older sony TV with standard RCA Audio Video jacks, so things such as:
    Svideo, Component, DVI, Optical Out, Progressive Scan, Discreet 5.1, etc etc are not important.

Basically I am looking for an Interlaced player, with decent Picture Quality, and good build quality.

I was hoping to spend $150 or less. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Don_Berg

Don_Berg Supporting Actor

I'd recommend a JVC model, I see Good Guys has one for $79. Very fast load times and reliable.

3. Dave_vega

Dave_vega Stunt Coordinator

I have a JVC RX-N40BK DVD player that I am very happy with..fast load times, plays everything and anything and doesn't have the chroma-bug..for the price I would recommend it highly..

4. Don_Berg

Don_Berg Supporting Actor

Check out the newly released JVC XV-N310BK - I think its fixed the problems with the earlier XV-N40BK and XV-N50BK models. I see its $79 at Good Guys:
    http://www.goodguys.com/adtemplate.a...2&catky=733455

I had a JVC for a couple years but wanted to upgrade to a Faroudja-based model for the best picture quality with all DVD types, but these cost $250+ but for under $100 the JVCs are the best deal around.

5. Jacob Rohrer

Jacob Rohrer Agent

Thanks for the replies guys, I will be on the lookout for the JVC XV-N310BK.