What's new

DVD on a Budget, Best players around $150 or less? (1 Viewer)

Jacob Rohrer

Agent
Mom has decided she wants a DVD player for Mothers Day. While I am pretty well informed on high end players, I know very little on the low end budget players, so I was hoping for a few suggestions.

It will be hooked up to an older sony TV with standard RCA Audio Video jacks, so things such as:
Svideo, Component, DVI, Optical Out, Progressive Scan, Discreet 5.1, etc etc are not important.

Basically I am looking for an Interlaced player, with decent Picture Quality, and good build quality.

I was hoping to spend $150 or less. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
I'd recommend a JVC model, I see Good Guys has one for $79. Very fast load times and reliable.

Dave_vega

Stunt Coordinator
I have a JVC RX-N40BK DVD player that I am very happy with..fast load times, plays everything and anything and doesn't have the chroma-bug..for the price I would recommend it highly..

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
Check out the newly released JVC XV-N310BK - I think its fixed the problems with the earlier XV-N40BK and XV-N50BK models. I see its $79 at Good Guys:
http://www.goodguys.com/adtemplate.a...2&catky=733455

I had a JVC for a couple years but wanted to upgrade to a Faroudja-based model for the best picture quality with all DVD types, but these cost $250+ but for under $100 the JVCs are the best deal around.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks