What's new

DS9 Chronicles (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
In the Season 4 set of DS9, I saw a feature called the DS9 Chronicles where various DS9 actors introduce an episode and discuss a particular element about it, or character situation or other feature about the episode.

I'm pretty well versed in Star Trek, but this one I'd never seen before or heard of. My guess is it's either material that was filmed at the time the show was still in production and used as intros to the VHS or Laserdisc editions or something else. Can some one enlighten me?

Thanks, Nelson

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
This was not a feature that appeared in the S4 set. Are you perhaps thinking of a Best Buy exclusive that came with S4?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Opps, you're right. Still not sure of the DS9 Chronicle's original intent.

My mistake though, definitley in the BB bonus disc.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
I was wondering this myself Nelson. They certainly appear to have been filmed during production, possibly for some sort of eventual "best-of" package (seeing as there aren't intros for EVERY episode). But that package never came about, due to the sudden explosive popularity of DVD Season sets, or at least that's my guess. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Tony, a reasonable theory, I thought it could be something like that.

Nelson

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I thought, and I could be 100% wrong, the Chronicles were made specifically for some sort of DS9 computer program or as an extra to a book. I know for a fact it's not the DS9 Companion (excellent read, btw) because I have it.

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
I saw the Chronicles when they were first aired when DS9 went into second run syndication. I believe they were filmed for syndication.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks