1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Disc problems with TV shows on DVD sets using Scanavo cases

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ron Lee Green, Dec 10, 2007.

1. John*P

John*P Second Unit

I recently noticed that both discs in my Adventures of Pete & Pete: Season 1 set had numerous cloudy splotches on them... they are in Scanavo cases. They were definitely NOT like that the last time I watched them.

I also noticed the same problem with 2 of the 4 discs from The Facts of Life: Seasons 1 & 2 set. Also, discs 1 & 2 from my Silver Spoons: Season 1 set are starting to develop this problem... the discs weren't like this the last time I watched them.

I have numerous other sets in these style cases, but they seem to be fine...

2. redbird

redbird Agent

M
    I've had the same sort of problem with "Brady Bunch". However, the discs have played fine even though they look terrible-strange to say the least.

Ever since this problem was first mentioned here I've checked for the Scanavo name every time I get a new TV show-if I see it I replace the case right away. The cloudiness remains but I hope by replacing the case it doesn't get worse at least.

3. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Screenwriter

I just received my copy of Survivor: Season 2 today and discovered that all the cases had a grease-like film on the inside and that some of the discs had blotches on them. Thing is there was no brand name on the lining of the case. I immediately wiped off the blotches and transferred them to different cases and will be watching them soon to make sure that I don't have to ship them back.

It's things like this that are really souring me on the purchase of all thinpak sets in general. [​IMG]