Disc problems with TV shows on DVD sets using Scanavo cases

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ron Lee Green, Dec 10, 2007.

1. John*P

John*P Second Unit

I recently noticed that both discs in my Adventures of Pete & Pete: Season 1 set had numerous cloudy splotches on them... they are in Scanavo cases. They were definitely NOT like that the last time I watched them.

I also noticed the same problem with 2 of the 4 discs from The Facts of Life: Seasons 1 & 2 set. Also, discs 1 & 2 from my Silver Spoons: Season 1 set are starting to develop this problem... the discs weren't like this the last time I watched them.

I have numerous other sets in these style cases, but they seem to be fine...

2. redbird

redbird Agent

M
    I've had the same sort of problem with "Brady Bunch". However, the discs have played fine even though they look terrible-strange to say the least.

Ever since this problem was first mentioned here I've checked for the Scanavo name every time I get a new TV show-if I see it I replace the case right away. The cloudiness remains but I hope by replacing the case it doesn't get worse at least.

3. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

I just received my copy of Survivor: Season 2 today and discovered that all the cases had a grease-like film on the inside and that some of the discs had blotches on them. Thing is there was no brand name on the lining of the case. I immediately wiped off the blotches and transferred them to different cases and will be watching them soon to make sure that I don't have to ship them back.

It's things like this that are really souring me on the purchase of all thinpak sets in general. [​IMG]