What's new

DD-EX & DTS-ES encoded movies listing (1 Viewer)

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
I would like to ask the original poster about the DTS-ES track found ONLY on the Collector's Edition of E.T.
I recently bought this set and a member at TheImportForums who's good at spotting a bootleg, says that there isn't a CE with a DTS-ES.
Only a DTS one..
Do you have a picture of the set you own? Can you show it to us?

Mike*Sch

Stunt Coordinator
The ES track on ET was matrixed. In other words, all DTS mixes for this movie would be ES.
Also, someone on another forum spotted a list of movies which are currently being mixed in 7.1 for future BD release:
Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay
The Golden Compass
Money Talks
Frequency
A Nightmare on Elm Street
The Butterfly Effect
A History of Violence
Rush Hour
Rush Hour 2
The Last Mimzy
Dark City: The Director's Cut
Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny
Saw IV is 7.1 as well.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Well there are a couple reasons why you'd be confused about the ET DTS track. A: on the packaging its listed as DTS ES 5.1, not 6.1. B: it isn't flagged correctly (or at least it isn't on my Audigy 2). and C: The rear center isn't used that much.

Oh and as far as I'm aware, T2 and Jurassic Park III are ES discrete.

Matthew Clayton

Stunt Coordinator
Well, New Line announced the DVD release of The Golden Compass on Friday, and the Blu-ray release will have an uncompressed PCM 7.1 track.
Guessing by New Line's track record with Mi Casa Multimedia, we'll probably get an EX track for the DVD release. And probably a DTS ES matrix track in there as well.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
thanks for the listings.. I just added two speakers to my system so now I have 7.1
Jacob

AnthonyP

Stunt Coordinator
DVDBeaver lists the Field of Dreams Two-Disc Anniversary Edition as being 5.1 DTS ES, is that accurate?
The Master and Commander, Legend of Bagger Vance and Minority Report DTS ES Matrix are confirmed correct?
Lastly, Oldboy R1 CE is DTS-ES 6.1 Discrete.
Edit: For anyone reading the individual posts, Oldboy omited from master list after most recent update for whatever reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks