What's new

David Lynch - Lost Highway 2 Disc SE - DTS (1 Viewer)

Shawn DuHast

Stunt Coordinator
Just watched this new edition, released in UK 6 Feb 2006, last night on 80" screen. Looks and sounds fantastic!

No cigarette burns (as per old R2 & R4) or any film blemishes or artifacts at all. Anamorphic 2.35:1.
Daylight scenes looks fabulous, but in some of the darker scenes (mainly in their house) there is some grain but not distractingly so.
The DTS is very good, extremely wide ranging and very deep when it needs to be - gave my M&K 350 sub a good workout.
Marilyn Manson & Rammstein sounded excellent as well as Angelo Badalamenti's score.
No sync problems ala the German version.
The menu's are moving and very "David Lynch" and include a 'who's who' which when you select a character name it plays a small clip of them from the film.

The second disc totals 90+mins and has 2 interviews with David Lynch 2005 & 1996, and 1996 on set interviews with Bill Pullman, Patricia Arquette, and Robert Loggia.
A modern making of, a 1996 featurette (which features the rest of the 1996 David Lynch interview)the teaser trailer and the October Film Distributers Theatrical trailer (which seems slightly out of focus?)

It comes in a digipak with a clear slipcase which has the writing on it (ala the first R1 version of SAW) and is even reversible!!!

Well worth waiting for (or importing for those of you in R1 land!) available online for £13.99.....

Shawn DuHast

Stunt Coordinator
have just checked and I'm sorry to have to report that there are NO subtitles on either disc, in my view a major ommision on an otherwise excellent set.:frowning:

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
No English subs is unfortunately the usual for French releases (some notable exceptions, of course). I suspect this is to keep there from being too many cross-border sales into the UK.

Fortunately, this is an English film with English actors and director, so the lack of English subs really only effects the hearing impaired.

With one big exception: that thick, interesting looking booklet of essays on the film... entirely in French!

A great disc, but I'm wondering how the new UK release is. I've heard it's a port of the French Mk2, so it should look great. And entirely English-friendly, I suspect. Does anyone know if it carries over all the extras (particularly the booklet)?

Shawn DuHast

Stunt Coordinator
No I was talking about the English release of Lost Highway above NOT the French version but I suspect it is a straight (and lazy) port over of the French version therefore no subtitles. My reasoning for this ?
The company that released it here also releases the majority (maybe all now even?) of the BBC's product on DVD and Lost Highway has a copyright warning on the beginning quoting COPYING ETC OF THIS BBC WORLDWIDE DVD IS PROHIBITED!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks